Risk of taking vaccine jab

Some topics tend to get heated and go off track in unwholesome ways quite quickly. The "hot topics" sub-forum is a place where such topics may be moved so that each post must be manually approved by moderator before it will become visible to members.
Spiny Norman

Re: Risk of taking vaccine jab

Post by Spiny Norman »

Kumara wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:34 am
Nicholas Weeks wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:19 am
cappuccino wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:09 am

Yet they are so ready to
Compliance motivated by fear of authority and death moved billions. Freedom and knowledge are not priorities for most.
They thought it was the safer thing to do. Some had to pay dearly for that.
It's mostly the unvaccinated who have "paid dearly".
Buddha save me from new-agers!
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

Spiny Norman wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:39 am It's mostly the unvaccinated who have "paid dearly"
Whatever is destined to happen will happen, do what you may to stop it. This is certain.

- Ramana Maharshi
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

cappuccino wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:54 am
Spiny Norman wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:39 am It's mostly the unvaccinated who have "paid dearly"
Whatever is destined to happen will happen, do what you may to stop it. This is certain.

- Ramana Maharshi
Why take any precautions then?
_/|\_
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

Dan74 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:24 pm Why take any precautions then?
:shrug:
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

cappuccino wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:34 pm
Are you serious?
_/|\_
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

Dan74 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:46 pm
Are you serious?
some rely on philosophy, some rely on science
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

cappuccino wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:55 pm
Dan74 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:46 pm

Are you serious?
some rely on philosophy, some rely on science
Hopefully both are compatible with common sense. But your statements above don't seem to be.

It's common sense to take precautions. We don't cross a busy street with eyes closed, chanting Maharshi's saying you quoted. The question is where we draw the line with taking precautions, right? I ride a motorcycle. Many others consider this too risky.

In order to make an informed decision about vaccinating to see which side of the line it lies, one needs science. Science is the most reliable source to tell us whether it is worthwhile for oneself and also as a public health policy. Not philosophy.
_/|\_
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

Dan74 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:08 pm Science is the most reliable source to tell us whether it is worthwhile for oneself and also as a public health policy. Not philosophy.
List of withdrawn drugs

From Wikipedia
Eharp

Post by Eharp »

Who withdraws drugs other than through the scientific process. All new drugs pose risks, however through the scientific method, drugs causing more harm than good are identified and withdrawn. The covid vaccines are probably the most tested drug in modern history and have clearly been shown to be both safe and effective. Stay unvaccinated at your own risk. The risk with being unvaccinated is not death so much as long haul. My son in law was one if the first cases of covid. Three weeks in the hospital until they booted him out. He still suffers from brain fog, fragile lungs and loss of taste.
Coëmgenu

Post by Coëmgenu »

During this "Covidtide," I've been sick thrice: once with Covid-19 and twice with the common cold.

My experience, double vaxxed with no boosters, is that Covid for me was a mild throat tickling a some light coughing. Both of the two times I caught the common cold was sheer hell. Sore throat, fever, chills, nausea, diarrhea, etc.

That being said, I've a 78-year-old neighbour who no longer experiences subtle flavour as a result of Covid, which is upsetting for her, as she is/was something of a "foody." She can still taste very sweet, sour, and spicy things, but things like pistachios and unsweetened vanilla are now untastable for her.
What is the Uncreated?
Sublime & free, what is that obscured Eternity?
It is the Undying, the Bright, the Isle.
It is an Ocean, a Secret: Reality.
Both life and oblivion, it is Nirvāṇa.
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

Eharp wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:39 pm Who withdraws drugs other than through the scientific process. All new drugs pose risks, however through the scientific method, drugs causing more harm than good are identified and withdrawn. The covid vaccines are probably the most tested drug in modern history and have clearly been shown to be both safe and effective. Stay unvaccinated at your own risk. The risk with being unvaccinated is not death so much as long haul. My son in law was one if the first cases of covid. Three weeks in the hospital until they booted him out. He still suffers from brain fog, fragile lungs and loss of taste.
I’m sorry to hear that.
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

I was told not to take a trip… or I would become sick

I found it difficult to avoid and I took the trip

Then I became sick with COVID
dharmacorps

Post by dharmacorps »

mikenz66 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:09 pm As I understand it from listening to medical professionals, it is well known that missing the muscle and putting the vaccine where it will get into the bloodstream (e.g. in fat if there is a lot of fat in the arm) is a danger for this, and some other, vaccinations. However, exactly how this risk is mitigated by the staff doing the injections may vary.
It is well known, which is part of why the advice to "request" they "aspirate" is bizarre. Besides, nobody you ask is going to do that anyway. Hitting the muscle is like hitting the broadside of a barn in the overwhelming majority of patients.
dharmacorps

Post by dharmacorps »

These posts are vaccine misinformation/disinformation and has been widely discredited by John Campbell. He is a invermectin peddler. He is not a physician either. Whoops.
KathyLauren

Post by KathyLauren »

Eharp wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:39 pmMy son in law was one if the first cases of covid. Three weeks in the hospital until they booted him out. He still suffers from brain fog, fragile lungs and loss of taste.
I was double-vaxxed and boosted, and still got it. I am not suggesting the vaccinations were not effective. I know it would have been much worse without them. Even with the vaccinations, I was in hospital for three weeks, including two stays in ICU, and a trip to the big city thoracic ward. Now I have "long covid", with damaged lungs and no energy to spare.

Thanks to the vaccine, I still have my sense of taste. I wasn't infectious, so my wife didn't get it. My brain isn't much foggier than normal, though my wife has doubts about that. :lol:

I am going to get the second booster shot as soon as it is available here.

Knowing how bad it was with the protection of vaccines, I might have died without them.

Kathy