Risk of taking vaccine jab

Some topics tend to get heated and go off track in unwholesome ways quite quickly. The "hot topics" sub-forum is a place where such topics may be moved so that each post must be manually approved by moderator before it will become visible to members.
User13866

Re: Risk of taking vaccine jab

Post by User13866 »

Last edited by User13866 on Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

I've had all of the Covid vaccinations that have been available in the UK,.... including a separate flu vaccination, with no side effects whatsoever.... and I'm feeling full of energy right now!

:anjali:
NAD

Post by NAD »

Aloka wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:05 pm I've had all of the Covid vaccinations that have been available in the UK,.... including a separate flu vaccination, with no side effects whatsoever.... and I'm feeling full of energy right now!

:anjali:
And have two heads 😁
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Good and evil have no fixed form. It's as easy to turn from doing bad to doing good as it is to flip over the hand from the back to the palm. It's simply up to us to do it. Master Hsuan Hua.
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

Aloka wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:05 pm with no side effects whatsoever
That does not justify taking the vaccine
Coaching
I specialize in Theravada Buddhism.
User13866

Post by User13866 »

cappuccino wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:57 am
Aloka wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:05 pm with no side effects whatsoever
That does not justify taking the vaccine
It's a potentially deadly profilactic against a non-deadly infection.

It's an entirely offensive proposition.
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

User13866 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:52 am It's an entirely offensive proposition.
If you are not offended, something is wrong
Coaching
Bundokji

Post by Bundokji »

The latest episode on Jordan Peterson's Youtube Channel discusses the COVID19 mandates including the vaccines for Children and lockdowns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr0LkPMZ-qc

When the mandates are taken as a whole, one of the biggest risks is the undermining of trust in institutions including the relationship between pharmaceutical companies and governments. The way the whole thing was handled has left a mark on the minds of many, and could backfire if the next pandemic is near enough.

In the world, there seems to be a natural bias towards overdoing. In the context of COVID19 vaccines, there wont be clear protocols to reveal the real efficacy of the vaccines after the virus have been normalized, let alone its long term side effects when the vast majority of the population have been forced to take it. It is another sad chapter in human history.
And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"

This was the last word of the Tathagata.
badscooter

Post by badscooter »

Bundokji wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:39 am The latest episode on Jordan Peterson's Youtube Channel discusses the COVID19 mandates including the vaccines for Children and lockdowns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr0LkPMZ-qc

When the mandates are taken as a whole, one of the biggest risks is the undermining of trust in institutions including the relationship between pharmaceutical companies and governments. The way the whole thing was handled has left a mark on the minds of many, and could backfire if the next pandemic is near enough.

In the world, there seems to be a natural bias towards overdoing. In the context of COVID19 vaccines, there wont be clear protocols to reveal the real efficacy of the vaccines after the virus have been normalized, let alone its long term side effects when the vast majority of the population have been forced to take it. It is another sad chapter in human history.
:twothumbsup:
"whatever one frequently thinks and ponders upon will be the inclination of one's mind"
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

It might be useful to look at other countries for how this issue was handled.

I recall reading some time back, how in Denmark there was a high level of trust towards the authorities on this issue, due to the transparent open communication and erring on the side of caution (e.g. banning the use of Moderna as soon as heart inflammation risk came up, even while the EU authorities were advising against the ban.

Here in Switzerland, the authorities didn't allow AstraZeneca supposedly due to the documentation they provided (or failed to provide). Vaccination was encouraged but not pushed as aggressively as in many other jurisdictions. The most pressure was when access to many public places was restricted to the vaxxed or recently tested, but the government provides many free testing stations. So people did not feel so forced, perhaps. Although there were plenty of conspiracy theorists and folks accusing the normally quiet Federal Council of abuse of power.

In comparison, Victorian authorities (as retro would know better than me) took a hard-line stance. Has it paid off? Doesn't seem so, looking at their own stats, with many more deaths in the past years per capita than anywhere else in the Western world (probably due to lower natural immunity and underprepared public health system).

I flew to Melbourne in the thick of the lockdown, 2 weeks quarantine in a small hotel room with no possibility to even open a window, curfew from 9pm, it was a sinister kind of the theatre of the absurd.
_/|\_
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
Dan74 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:25 pm In comparison, Victorian authorities (as retro would know better than me) took a hard-line stance. Has it paid off? Doesn't seem so, looking at their own stats, with many more deaths in the past years per capita than anywhere else in the Western world (probably due to lower natural immunity and underprepared public health system).

I flew to Melbourne in the thick of the lockdown, 2 weeks quarantine in a small hotel room with no possibility to even open a window, curfew from 9pm, it was a sinister kind of the theatre of the absurd.
Your account is accurate, from my perspective.

It was all the more a "theatre of the absurd" given the belated admissions about these 10 myths told by COVID experts that are now debunked. The truth about the myths was mostly known at the time, but the truth was forcibly suppressed, whether via media, social media, government or association threats of professional de-registration.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

retrofuturist wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:37 am Greetings,
Dan74 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:25 pm In comparison, Victorian authorities (as retro would know better than me) took a hard-line stance. Has it paid off? Doesn't seem so, looking at their own stats, with many more deaths in the past years per capita than anywhere else in the Western world (probably due to lower natural immunity and underprepared public health system).

Your account is accurate, from my perspective.

It was all the more a "theatre of the absurd" given the belated admissions about these 10 myths told by COVID experts that are now debunked. The truth about the myths was mostly known at the time, but the truth was forcibly suppressed, whether via media, social media, government or association threats of professional de-registration.

Metta,
Paul. :)
Thanks, Paul.

It appears to me that Makary charges public health officials (the US ones, I assume) with wilfully misinforming the public. This is a serious charge. Looking at his evidence, the #2 item, "Misinformation #2: Masks prevent COVID transmission" lists as evidence a study published less than two months ago. https://www.cochrane.org/CD006207/ARI_d ... ry-viruses Assuming that the study provides an iron-clad case against masks (I don't think it does), given that it's only just come out, how can it be evidence for the charge he makes, which refers to what public health officials were saying much much earlier?

Then to the study itself and his comment on the criticism:
When asked about this definitive review, CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky downplayed it, arguing that it was flawed because it focused on randomized controlled studies. But that was the greatest strength of the review! Randomized studies are considered the gold standard of medical evidence.
But the problem Walensky referred to (mentioned in another Post article linked in this one) was
Dr. Marc Siegel, professor of medicine at NYU Langone Medical Center and a Fox News medical contributor, pointed out a key limitation: “The researchers focus primarily on randomized trials, but most of the studies that have been done on masks are population studies
,” https://nypost.com/2023/02/14/face-mask ... vid-study/

Makary makes no mention of this and makes it sound like Walensky is just being ridiculous.

I don't mean to say that Makary has no case against public health officials, he may well do, but I suspect we are dealing here with various shades of bias ( incl. political/ideological expediency), that he, at least in this article, is not himself immune from.

Victorian example for me was an example of (political) fear of changing course the Government felt they were committed to, focusing on preventing the spread of infection to the exclusion of other impacts, unpractical blanket measures and generally poor management that is sadly unsurprising. I don't have any reasons to suspect Andrews of anything nefarious, nor can we say with any confidence that the other mob would've been any better.

My friends in Melbourne almost with no exception supported the policies. Mostly I think from ideological perspective, since it appeared that the Government prioritised people over the economy. This could've been what the Government thought themselves, for all I know.

As an anecdote, while locked up in the quarantine hotel in October 2021 with massive loud air-filtering systems around and above me and reading a FB group for folks like me, I came across one person asking why we couldn't even open windows. "It was obviously because the contaminated air could re-enter another resident's room," another replied. Coming from Switzerland, fully vaxxed and where we actually had lower numbers than in Melbourne at the time, I felt I was living in an alternate reality.
_/|\_
Kapimaia

Post by Kapimaia »

"On February 2, 2023, Robert W. Malone, MD, finally called for a ban on mRNA and DNA COVID injections — years after many of us had come to the same conclusion.1 But to our shock, we have now discovered that Malone, more than three years ago, had already scientifically proven and published that these COVID vaccinations with genetic mRNA and DNA were too dangerous for human consumption, even experimentally. He never made professional or public disclosures of this information. Meanwhile, the article remained in obscurity until we recently discovered it"

https://gingerbreggin.substack.com/p/co ... d/comments
Sarahaa

Post by Sarahaa »

Ajahn Punnadhammo - The Dharma And The Jab (A Buddhist Perspective)

https://rumble.com/vsc3d8-ajahn-punnadh ... ctive.html
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

Sarahaa wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:17 pm (A Buddhist Perspective)
there is no Buddhist perspective
Coaching