Booster dose

Some topics tend to get heated and go off track in unwholesome ways quite quickly. The "hot topics" sub-forum is a place where such topics may be moved so that each post must be manually approved by moderator before it will become visible to members.
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Re: Booster dose

Post by Sam Vara »

cappuccino wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:27 pm
Sam Vara wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:32 pm What does the quote mean, then?
that people want to control
So it doesn't do anything to address my question:
What did the Blessed One say about Coronavirus pandemics, and the use of vaccinations?
in the context in which I asked it?

Well, thanks for an interesting exchange, c. !
thepea

Post by thepea »

Sam Vara wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:57 pm
thepea wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:23 pm
Ceisiwr wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:10 am
I wouldn’t recommend informing your medical decisions based on proto-science in the suttas.
The mind creates and the body purges. This is buddhas teachings. Stop creating mental defilements and just allow past trauma to release. This is the practice.
What practice is that? Where did the Buddha say that?
OMG Sam, can you verify with any surety anything the Buddha said? :focus:
You put these suttas on such a high pedestal and they have been translated for over 2500 yrs according to the story, of which nothing can be verified as none of us were there.
All we can do is practice and then listen to the suttas to see if this is in alignment with ones practical experience.
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

:offtopic:

One last time, let's please get back to the conversation of BOOSTER DOSES.

Any more off-topic wanderings and we might need to move this to the Hot Topics section.

:thanks:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
thepea

Post by thepea »

Dan74 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:56 pm
bhante dhamma wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:26 pm I got my first vaccine shot about four months ago, can't remember the name it's the one that doesn't require low temperatures for storage. Got the second one a few days ago thinking it was needed for traveling, but it turned out otherwise. When I got the shot I already had symptoms of flu, sore throat, blocked syneses etc. Now they have somewhat ababted but have alot of aches and pains, not sure what to do, any suggestions guys? Thnks in advance.
They usually go away within 72 hours of the shot. If not, consult your doctor.
But not always, like with my cousin she died after two weeks of these pains. 42 yrs old and took the shots so she could work.
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

thepea wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:14 pm But not always, like with my cousin she died after two weeks of these pains. 42 yrs old and took the shots so she could work.
:(
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

thepea wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:40 am
Sam Vara wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:57 am So when can I expect any bad result from taking the booster? When will shot-in-your-armageddon be revealed?
Hopefully physically you never have any bad results from taking this. But from what I gather their us no end for you with these shots. It will be multiple injections yearly in order for you to participate in society.
Anyone refusing is ousted, this is a bad result from these shots already. Business owners being threatened, fined or shutdown if they service anyone not complying with the public health measures. Unpopular speech being stamped out and censored.
In essence this is what you support when you continue to take boosters and comply with public health. And FYI public health is not public they are a private global corporation and they are not about healing, they are the opposite of what they say. If I were to guess they are run by the same vibration as the Nazi SS from ww2.
Thanks for your good wishes. I don't know too much about the science behind all this, but my understanding is that the virus will probably become endemic. A bit like flu, it will be there in the background and will cause localised outbreaks of respiratory illness.

So far, none of the florid problems that you predict have manifested for me or for those I know. Nobody has told me that I will need multiple yearly injections; nobody has been punished for refusing those injections already offered. I initially refused and was treated with courtesy; I know people who have refused all vaccinations without problems. Businesses don't care whether I am vaccinated or not. A lively debate is going on regarding vaccinations and other public health measures; most people in the UK seem to be in favour, but I know plenty of outspoken anti-vaxxers who definitely have not been censored. I have seen no evidence that any bodies involved in public health are subsumed under a private global corporation. Nor can I make any sense of things being "run by a vibration".

Of course, all these things might manifest later. But for now, I'm keeping an open mind, and I see no reason to doubt that accepting the booster is a rational response on my part to the global pandemic.
asahi

Post by asahi »

Sam Vara wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:42 pm nobody has been punished for refusing those injections already offered. I initially refused and was treated with courtesy; I know people who have refused all vaccinations without problems. Businesses don't care whether I am vaccinated or not.
It depends on what you mean by punish ?
There are many countries where those unvaccinated are not allow entry into work place or at the office they work , banks and supermarkets without full vaccination certificate or prove .
No bashing No gossiping
SteRo

Post by SteRo »

asahi wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:46 pm
Sam Vara wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:42 pm nobody has been punished for refusing those injections already offered. ...
Some have been kammically punished: they died of covid.
Cleared. αδόξαστος.
[james]

Post by [james] »

SteRo wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:14 pm
Biology is not punishment.
auto

Post by auto »

www.thefreedictionary.com/booster wrote:booster. 1. A high-explosive element sufficiently sensitive so as to be actuated by small explosive elements in a fuze or primer and powerful enough to cause detonation of the main explosive filling.
i guess booster is helping vaccine. So if you aren't vaccinated i think booster shot is useless.
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

asahi wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:46 pm
Sam Vara wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:42 pm nobody has been punished for refusing those injections already offered. I initially refused and was treated with courtesy; I know people who have refused all vaccinations without problems. Businesses don't care whether I am vaccinated or not.
There are many countries where those unvaccinated are not allow entry into work place or at the office they work , banks and supermarkets without full vaccination certificate or prove .
Not here in the UK, though. I think there have been a few venues which have required evidence of vaccination, but they are things like night-clubs and sports stadiums, neither of which I frequent.

And the more people like me who get vaccinated and stay healthy, the fewer the reasons people have for refusing, I would have thought.

In any case, I am far from seeing any of the thepea's dire predictions being realised, or indeed discerning a common vibrational ancestor with Nazism.
asahi

Post by asahi »

Sam Vara wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:16 pm Not here in the UK, though. I think there have been a few venues which have required evidence of vaccination, but they are things like night-clubs and sports stadiums, neither of which I frequent.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... fines-bans

Screenshot_20220111-235125_Chrome.jpg
No bashing No gossiping
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

asahi wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:53 pm
Sam Vara wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:16 pm Not here in the UK, though. I think there have been a few venues which have required evidence of vaccination, but they are things like night-clubs and sports stadiums, neither of which I frequent.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... fines-bans

Screenshot_20220111-235125_Chrome.jpg
That little excerpt mentions four countries, none of which are the UK. So how does it relate to my posts?
asahi

Post by asahi »

Sam Vara wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:02 pm That little excerpt mentions four countries, none of which are the UK. So how does it relate to my posts?
I am referring to your earlier per below post . I didnt notice if you are referring specifically in UK only .
Sam Vara wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:02 pm nobody has been punished for refusing those injections already offered. I initially refused and was treated with courtesy; I know people who have refused all vaccinations without problems. Businesses don't care whether I am vaccinated or not.
Last edited by asahi on Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No bashing No gossiping
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

asahi wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:17 pm
Sam Vara wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:02 pm That little excerpt mentions four countries, none of which are the UK. So how does it relate to my posts?
I am referring to your earlier per below post . I didnt notice if you are referring specifically in UK only .
I am referring to my own circumstances. It helps to read the thread to get a sense of what specific posts are about.