Dhammawheels first Ordination camp

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
S. Johann

Dhammawheels first Ordination camp

Post by S. Johann »

What if, when inspired, leaders and members of your community here would ask your respected Venerables here to try to organize the first Dhammawheel (temporary) ordination of monks and nuns, and maybe soon fill up Brahman Davids Garden or monastery near.

Could you surrender to such gifted effort and rejoice to possible see Brahman David and Brahman Futureal in robes, increasing faith?

My person guesses Brahma David would be right here inspired and might simply wait on required support of his team and children here, right?
You may make use of this account as wished for good, it's a cast off one. Password: 12345678. As the good stuff gets usually censured here, good if being quick to find ways out.
Joe.c

Re: Dhammawheels first Ordination camp

Post by Joe.c »

Nope.

There is no temporary ordination in Buddha teaching. If you want to renounce the world, then you have been ready to renounce. That means you have tried hard to remove all views and embrace only 4NT as your view.

Otherwise, it is perfectly fine for a person to be a lay person and a person who renounce to be a monk.

When they are ready, then they can proceed further. Hence the Buddha teaching is gradual, no enforcement, no temporary, no fake, etc.
May you be relax, happy, comfortable and free of dukkhas from hearing true dhamma.
May you gain unshakable confidence in Buddha, Dhamma and (Ariya) Sangha.
Learn about Buddha/Dhamma Characters.
JamesTheGiant

Post by JamesTheGiant »

Wonderful idea, I don't have a place but I know some bhikkhus who would be willing to come and ordain people as novices and teach for a month or so.
befriend

Post by befriend »

I'd do that for a month, not to earn merit but to learn correct practice from senior monastics.
Take care of mindfulness and mindfulness will take care of you.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

S. Johann wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:22 am Brahman David
I thought I was an outcaste. You mean, I'm a Brahman?
:woohoo:

I'll get the clippers ready.
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

Can I stay home and go to work and get temporary ordained from home over the Internet? Then I can be Bhikku Tom. It could be like those websites that let you become a minister and do marriages. I signed up my previous cat, Alex, to be a minister.
S. Johann

Post by S. Johann »

DNS wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:42 am
S. Johann wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:22 am Brahman David
I thought I was an outcaste. You mean, I'm a Brahman?
:woohoo:

I'll get the clippers ready.
One wouldn't excluse the other good Brahman David, but thats not the topic (object, yonisomanasikāra), yet of course the topic would certain give info about stands.

Candala Sutta: The Outcaste
Vasala Sutta: Discourse on Outcasts

Could his children here expect him to take part, even in robes, or would his wife fear no return?
befriend wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:52 am I'd do that for a month, not to earn merit but to learn correct practice from senior monastics.
Sadhu. If just by thought and speech for now, already huge merits and gained Upanissaya. Going forth will mostly cover even all ten ways of merits, incl that of path-element (sila, samadhi, panna)
JamesTheGiant wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:36 am Wonderful idea, I don't have a place but I know some bhikkhus who would be willing to come and ordain people as novices and teach for a month or so.
Sadhu. Great to hear. An surrely good way and oppotunity for secound turn of the path wheel. Toward oneureturn maybe. Mudita
Joe.c wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:09 am Nope.

There is no temporary ordination in Buddha teaching. If you want to renounce the world, then you have been ready to renounce. That means you have tried hard to remove all views and embrace only 4NT as your view.

Otherwise, it is perfectly fine for a person to be a lay person and a person who renounce to be a monk.

When they are ready, then they can proceed further. Hence the Buddha teaching is gradual, no enforcement, no temporary, no fake, etc.
No problem if one doesn't renounce again at all. Thinking to be able to get both, and try to lift one, yet not able to give it even a try, just reduces prosperty on both ways, good householder.

Usually, those not fit yet, if such takes place, rejoice with others merits, even provide gladly for food, robes, dwelling medicine (if after householder duties).

All gradually stuff, not abonding go for the first step because not perfect yet.
Inedible wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:38 am Can I stay home and go to work and get temporary ordained from home over the Internet? Then I can be Bhikku Tom. It could be like those websites that let you become a minister and do marriages. I signed up my previous cat, Alex, to be a minister.
Isn't it not merely that good householder goes to work, hold on home, and thinks he's right on the Ariya-track. Maybe good householder had overseen that it's act-ually from cyber-Arahat in working-times on internet to leave and meet in more pysical ways.

Would he be editable in this regard of perception? Maybe working on putting Brahma Davids pleasure garden into a recluse-camp for a week+ and walk in his neighborhood for alms?
You may make use of this account as wished for good, it's a cast off one. Password: 12345678. As the good stuff gets usually censured here, good if being quick to find ways out.
S. Johann

Post by S. Johann »

Robes: If one has idea and way to get it shipped (would like to help Sangha-dana be shared in case), Atma would have 3-5 cast off rob-sets (tripple), for those who can w/bear highly dedicated, well put to overhand it to the Venerable preceptor in cases one would lack.
Johann

Post by Johann »

Thought to pump it up by telling that 5-7 robesusets could be asked for such undertaking, but they are "heavy" ones.

Time's running out fast.
asahi

Post by asahi »

DNS wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:42 am I thought I was an outcaste. You mean, I'm a Brahman?
Hey Brahman ! Now you have a special nick .
No bashing No gossiping
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

SamanaJohann_ wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:39 am Thought to pump it up by telling that 5-7 robesusets could be asked for such undertaking, but they are "heavy" ones.

Time's running out fast.
Do you ordain people in real life? Then you are senior monk
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
Johann

Post by Johann »

confusedlayman wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:09 pm
SamanaJohann_ wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:39 am Thought to pump it up by telling that 5-7 robesusets could be asked for such undertaking, but they are "heavy" ones.

Time's running out fast.
Do you ordain people in real life? Then you are senior monk
Good householder. Senior monk, maybe, yet not one of the Bhikkhus, so always just indirect in ways of encouraging, introducing. Formal giving not possible and proper, but maybe saying "real" isn't that wrong.
User13866

Post by User13866 »

I am going to train outdoors in Greece for 2-3 months. If somebody wants to join i will consider it.
Johann

Post by Johann »

User13866 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:08 am I am going to train outdoors in Greece for 2-3 months. If somebody wants to join i will consider it.
Mudita, good householder. How ever, it's here about going forth, not "camping". Going into the state of special beggar under the Gems, leaving home.
User13866

Post by User13866 »

SamanaJohann_ wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:25 pm
User13866 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:08 am I am going to train outdoors in Greece for 2-3 months. If somebody wants to join i will consider it.
Mudita, good householder. How ever, it's here about going forth, not "camping". Going into the state of special beggar under the Gems, leaving home.
Camping is illegal in Greece Bhante, so i will just live & train near a cemetery meanwhile you organize whatnot. If you end up doing the temporary ordinations i wouldn't mind to help out as "kappiya" if i can go to where it is.