Dhammawheels first Ordination camp

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
Johann

Re: Dhammawheels first Ordination camp

Post by Johann »

User13866 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:53 pm
SamanaJohann_ wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:25 pm
User13866 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:08 am I am going to train outdoors in Greece for 2-3 months. If somebody wants to join i will consider it.
Mudita, good householder. How ever, it's here about going forth, not "camping". Going into the state of special beggar under the Gems, leaving home.
Camping is illegal in Greece Bhante, so i will just live & train:)
Why not a oneway ticket into last places where the holly life could be lived, instead of risking on both sides? Does good householder know Bhante Nyanadassana Maha Thera, the Greek?
It looks like Brahman David fear to much that his theme park could grow to a monastery, as avoiding inspire for OP.
User13866

Post by User13866 »

I've made an edit Bhante, you might have missed it.
If you end up doing the temporary ordinations i wouldn't mind to help out as "kappiya" if i can go to where it is.
As to this
SamanaJohann_ wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:58 pm Why not a oneway ticket into last places where the holly life could be lived, instead of risking on both sides?
Enough Ayasma, please don't ask me this.
SamanaJohann_ wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:58 pm Does good householder know Bhante Nyanadassana Maha Thera, the Greek?
I do not know him Bhante. I only know a peaceful mountain on the outskirts of Athens and a Greek householder who can assist in case of an emergency.
SamanaJohann_ wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:58 pm It looks like Brahman David fear to much that his theme park could grow to a monastery, as avoiding inspire for OP.
We are householders Bhante, we might think renunciation is good but our minds do not easily incline to renunciation. Some of us have many duties, plans and responsibilities.

I am sure our friend David will carefully consider your proposition. However i would also expect him to be rightly hestitant of making such commitments because not many will want to spend a month with people they don't know.

Furthermore some of us don't want to nilly-willy say "Upajjhayo me bhante hohi" three times without closely observing the preceptor because we value our independece Bhante.
User13866

Post by User13866 »

SamanaJohann_ wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:32 pm Senior monk, maybe, yet not one of the Bhikkhus, so always just indirect in ways of encouraging, introducing. Formal giving not possible and proper, but maybe saying "real" isn't that wrong.
What does this mean Bhante, what is one's ordination, have you received full acceptance?

I want to know so i can address appropriately.
Johann

Post by Johann »

User13866 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:23 pm I've made an edit Bhante, you might have missed it.
If you end up doing the temporary ordinations i wouldn't mind to help out as "kappiya" if i can go to where it is.
As to this
SamanaJohann_ wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:58 pm Why not a oneway ticket into last places where the holly life could be lived, instead of risking on both sides?
Enough Ayasma, please don't ask me this.
SamanaJohann_ wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:58 pm Does good householder know Bhante Nyanadassana Maha Thera, the Greek?
I do not know him Bhante. I only know a peaceful mountain on the outskirts of Athens and a Greek householder who can assist in case of an emergency.
SamanaJohann_ wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:58 pm It looks like Brahman David fear to much that his theme park could grow to a monastery, as avoiding inspire for OP.
We are householders Bhante, we might think renunciation is good but our minds do not easily incline to renunciation. Some of us have many duties, plans and responsibilities.

I am sure our friend David will carefully consider your proposition. However i would also expect him to be rightly hestitant of making such commitments because not many will want to spend a month with people they don't know.

Furthermore some of us don't want to nilly-willy say "Upajjhayo me bhante hohi" three times without closely observing the preceptor because we value our independece Bhante.
Sure, value of independence... *smile* privacy as well, not to forget.

Anyway, it's then possible clear that this is another topic than an hypride try. Much success and possible some taste of liberty at good householders time in nature.
What does this mean Bhante, what is one's ordination, have you received full acceptance?
My person hasn't taken on the state of Bhikkhu, Nyom.
I want to know so i can address appropriately.
If he thinks that required differently, he is free to address how ever he feels fine.
User13866

Post by User13866 »

SamanaJohann_ wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:35 pm Sure, value of independence... *smile* privacy as well, not to forget.
Yes there is that and we also don't like abuse & harrasment such as hinting, belittling, patronizing & insinuating good samana.
Johann

Post by Johann »

My person guesses this topic can be closed then, as it was just another hint. Any felt disturbance is solvely a "failure" on my persons side.
User13866

Post by User13866 »

SamanaJohann_ wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:55 pm My person guesses this topic can be closed then, as it was just another hint. Any felt disturbance is solvely a "failure" on my persons side.
I think it was a good idea to meet up for training good samana. Just too much of a formal commitment imho and it is therefore i suggested something less formal where people can come & go as they please.

This is a rather small community and i think it would be conducive to amiability if people did a retreat or something. I wouldn't even ask who they are on the forum if people don't want to disclose that.
User13866

Post by User13866 »

I think if we were a group of meditators then we might even be let in to see the forensic body-farms in USA or go see the skull-churches in Europe.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Hi Bhante,

Sounds like a great idea, but as this is an international discussion forum; it wouldn't be easy to coordinate with people coming from all parts of the world. Also, it would be very hard to coordinate with everyone's schedule, but if it could be done, I wouldn't mind hosting such an event. I don't think there would be enough interest in temporary ordinations; perhaps a one or two week retreat would be more realistic.
Johann

Post by Johann »

DNS wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:30 pm
Hi Bhante,

Sounds like a great idea, but as this is an international discussion forum; it wouldn't be easy to coordinate with people coming from all parts of the world. Also, it would be very hard to coordinate with everyone's schedule, but if it could be done, I wouldn't mind hosting such an event. I don't think there would be enough interest in temporary ordinations; perhaps a one or two week retreat would be more realistic.
Joy and inspiration of leaving home, vision and share of ones good vision, like for one leaving home, the Devas would open the doors on the way.

My person is sure that in cases that good Brahman would decleare to host the invitation of Venerables and those wishing to undertake their first or next temporary ordination, or even the last, that all realms, at least of the Internet-Deva Realms would tremble "David, the Las Vegas Brahman, is assisting prepearing ordinations for his folk" and even into all other realms if himself gives sample for his dependencies "David, the Brahman, leaves home, followed by his folk".

In regard of the Date, good to ask the trusted Venerables. In regard of the location, my person guesses good Brahman wouldn't even be shy to let the Venerables, from maybe six directions at least, at least temporary set up Simas that even Higher ordination could be given on this blessed Days.

May he let it be known, so that the Devas everywhere can be informed and take part.
(As things are changing fast, currently 2,3 robes lesser to be able to let send to the teachers, but guessing once known, will be not at all an issue.)
Johann

Post by Johann »

As for coordination and travel assistance: maybe good householder [name redacted by admin], once offered to do servant, find's it worthy to sacrifice nature holiday for building up strong Nissaya by the merits of assisting coordination while on hollydays in Vegas... *mudita-smile* two month time for preparation should be more then fine.

Bhante Thanissaro isn't far as well, as maybe most broad respected and maybe able to get it simple under Buddha, Dhamma, Sangha proper united, and sure a gain for the world at large, yet short before going forth would even be no more allowed by common authorities. It's closing up very fast.
Jack19990101

Post by Jack19990101 »

Pay my respect to Buddha Dhamma Sangha.
Pay my respect to Ven Bhante who is here conversing with us.
I have a question to Bhante -
Is attainment to arahant ship still occurring?
Is the attainment to arahantship occurring in many, in not many yet not rarity, or in rarity?

Hope this is not a question which carries inconvenience to Bhante who is bound by Monks' rules.
I will pleasantly to take Bhante's answer in his best knowledge, in his experience with Noble Sangha, in his speculation.
Johann

Post by Johann »

Jack19990101 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:13 pm Pay my respect to Buddha Dhamma Sangha.
Pay my respect to Ven Bhante who is here conversing with us.
I have a question to Bhante -...
Ātma (usual way of addressing own person by monks speaking with not monks) gave it a seperate place, Ñom (Nyom: usual addressing of not monks by monks) Jack, here.
SDC

Post by SDC »

SamanaJohann_ wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:35 pm My person hasn't taken on the state of Bhikkhu, Nyom.
If you aren’t a bhikkhu then it might be a good idea to correct people when they call you “Bhante”.
Johann

Post by Johann »

SDC wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:17 pm
SamanaJohann_ wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:35 pm My person hasn't taken on the state of Bhikkhu, Nyom.
If you aren’t a bhikkhu then it might be a good idea to correct people when they call you “Bhante”.
To let them do demerits like good confused householder does? Better to leave fools, currupted families, or?

It's surrely not easy to accept the fact having become a large corrupted family over the time, yet it's only up tp those who currupted it, by confessing their faults, that such a misguided group could be hinded out from ways downwardly.

My person should really simple leave you to go after the destiny you desire as it's really a hopless realm here.

There are hardly well suited Bhikkhus and Theras who don't prefer to risk, and wouldn't use lesser then Ven. Grandfather. Just that you might get aware of your kinds total improper ways, out of compassion.

But again: metta and may there nevertheless some small merits while you helping each others strongly downwardly the highway. People caught in previous transgessions seek others to join to get some feeling of refuge by not walking this way alone.

Obiviously a plane fiction that even one finds refuge into the Gems here, what more fiction would be going forth under this refuge...