Taking eggs from chicken

Buddhist ethical conduct including the Five Precepts (Pañcasikkhāpada), and Eightfold Ethical Conduct (Aṭṭhasīla).
thepea

Re: Taking eggs from chicken

Post by thepea »

S. Johann wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:00 am Good householder.

It's not at all so that the Sublime Buddha and his good disciples took, take or will take life or what ever, from others, not given voluntary, and it's not so that the Noble Ones would take part on common ways of a householding and trading bad for good ways. It's not wise to compare ones ways of excuse to do not stop taking part and not seeking for ways out, with the ways of the Brahmacariya. Some fools might have suggest one such, yet it's a matter of right conceit and not wrong conceit of people thinking that there is a right in wrong-doing to either take Refuge into the Gems or toward what ever kind of marxist or secular approaches, denying that there are being going forward rightously.

This path requires Samvega as prerequisite or is simply cut off by dwelling in householder-equanimity. It requires right attention and right discrimination to cross the forest not ignorance and hypocritical 'gratitude'. That not of glory at all. No glory seen in oneself, no real gratitude, not knowing whats a fault, what not, there is not even way for Jhanas, not to speak of path and fruits. Nothing but wrong liberation is effect of wrong view and an 'escapej downwardly, isn't one at all.

Once arrived on right conduct and right livelihood, then wise to reflect on ones son, mother... to get disenchanted toward pleasure in food even if not involved intentionally in harm. So first thing first and not follow Zen-like imorallity by householder equanimity. If going no akusala would be possible, the Sublime Buddha wouldn't have taught the way out at all.

20170226_104050.jpg

20170226_085326(1).jpg
Is English a second language for you?
I’m having difficulty comprehending what your message is.
Maybe you can try again?
S. Johann

Post by S. Johann »

thepea wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:02 pm
S. Johann wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:00 am Good householder.

It's not at all so that the Sublime Buddha and his good disciples took, take or will take life or what ever, from others, not given voluntary, and it's not so that the Noble Ones would take part on common ways of a householding and trading bad for good ways. It's not wise to compare ones ways of excuse to do not stop taking part and not seeking for ways out, with the ways of the Brahmacariya. Some fools might have suggest one such, yet it's a matter of right conceit and not wrong conceit of people thinking that there is a right in wrong-doing to either take Refuge into the Gems or toward what ever kind of marxist or secular approaches, denying that there are being going forward rightously.

This path requires Samvega as prerequisite or is simply cut off by dwelling in householder-equanimity. It requires right attention and right discrimination to cross the forest not ignorance and hypocritical 'gratitude'. That not of glory at all. No glory seen in oneself, no real gratitude, not knowing whats a fault, what not, there is not even way for Jhanas, not to speak of path and fruits. Nothing but wrong liberation is effect of wrong view and an 'escapej downwardly, isn't one at all.

Once arrived on right conduct and right livelihood, then wise to reflect on ones son, mother... to get disenchanted toward pleasure in food even if not involved intentionally in harm. So first thing first and not follow Zen-like imorallity by householder equanimity. If going no akusala would be possible, the Sublime Buddha wouldn't have taught the way out at all.

20170226_104050.jpg

20170226_085326(1).jpg
Is English a second language for you?
I’m having difficulty comprehending what your message is.
Maybe you can try again?
thepea wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:45 am
Sam Vara wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:11 pm
Rambutan wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:33 am Is the egg the property of the chicken?
Does the chicken own the egg?
Or does the egg own the chicken? :thinking:

Being vegan solves a lot of these problems.
As a sotapanna farmer, I gather over ten eggs daily from chickens. They don’t seem to mind at all. I give them accommodation, good fresh food and clean water and in turn I get wonderful healthy fresh eggs.
No problems.
Being vegan is one eye open, come full circle to see there are no problems with the circle of life.
Good householder,
It's most unlikely that one arrived at the Dhamma, relays on a livelyhood in even personal farming. It's of course possible that wrong view gives wrong liberation and let's one see no danger in the circke of suffering and death. Once fallen into such path it's common to hardly ever find back to the Dhamma, good householder, and it's not a language issue at all but a matter of perception. But anyway, yet just in faith, good to give it on and on a try to get things right. Wrong and right view as association as it's outwardly condition. Best to look for where no more participating in farming and trade is undertaken.
You may make use of this account as wished for good, it's a cast off one. Password: 12345678. As the good stuff gets usually censured here, good if being quick to find ways out.
thepea

Post by thepea »

S. Johann wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:13 am Good householder,
It's most unlikely that one arrived at the Dhamma, relays on a livelyhood in even personal farming. It's of course possible that wrong view gives wrong liberation and let's one see no danger in the circke of suffering and death. Once fallen into such path it's common to hardly ever find back to the Dhamma, good householder, and it's not a language issue at all but a matter of perception. But anyway, yet just in faith, good to give it on and on a try to get things right. Wrong and right view as association as it's outwardly condition. Best to look for where no more participating in farming and trade is undertaken.
I’m sorry sir but I’m not comprehending your writing style. It sounds like ESL issue.
S. Johann

Post by S. Johann »

thepea wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:31 am
I’m sorry sir but I’m not comprehending your writing style. It sounds like ESL issue.
There would be no need for feeling sorry in regard of what isn't under ones control, good householder, yet ignorance and not willing to comprehend, will always increase aversion and so feeling guilty. The way out is Saddha, Surrender, if getting aware of Dukkha and it's cause, remembering the teaching. Pushing the brake one might arrive at calm down, cames near to see as is actually goes/does.
You may make use of this account as wished for good, it's a cast off one. Password: 12345678. As the good stuff gets usually censured here, good if being quick to find ways out.
thepea

Post by thepea »

S. Johann wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:45 am
thepea wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:31 am
There would be no need for feeling sorry in regard of what isn't under ones control, good householder, yet ignorance and not willing to comprehend, will always increase aversion and so feeling guilty. The way out is Saddha, Surrender, if getting aware of Dukkha and it's cause, remembering the teaching. Pushing the brake one might arrive at calm down, cames near to see as is actually goes/does.
What exactly are you talking about. You have so much going on in this paragraph, what brake are you talking about? I’m guessing it’s metaphorical but what are you talking about?
S. Johann

Post by S. Johann »

thepea wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:07 am
What exactly are you talking about. You have so much going on in this paragraph, what brake are you talking about? I’m guessing it’s metaphorical but what are you talking about?
If finding oneself lost, right this could lead to pull the brake and go backward till the point where having gotten astray from the good track, good householder. There, if riding on, is a deep dark hole hardly ever come out again, like once having gained short chicken-life which feels save within the cocoon, grilled on and on...
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

A bunch of posts that had nothing whatsoever to do with taking eggs from a chicken have been moved to Sotapanna and Killing.

:focus:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
S. Johann

Post by S. Johann »

retrofuturist wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:39 am Greetings,

A bunch of posts that had nothing whatsoever to do with taking eggs from a chicken have been moved to Sotapanna and Killing.

:focus:

Metta,
Paul. :)
So not dare to take away the hen's eggs...?
They might not prosper ond the hen will possible, in fear produce more of that kind.
Sure, some use this nature to maintain egg farms, right?
jc1990

Post by jc1990 »

if you raise your own chicken and the chickens is happy, and you don't put injection to the chickens, then it's ok to take the eggs.

But the commercial eggs we see in the market, they keep chickens in bad condition and also inject them with chemicals, so i don't eat eggs.
Gwi II

Post by Gwi II »

AliochaKaramazov wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:09 am Greetings to all,
I present my respectul salutations to the members of the Saṃgha :anjali: :anjali: :anjali: :candle:

As I wished to elucidate a specific matter in terms of right livelihood (which may shine some light on other matters), I appreciate being able to ask the following question :

Does taking eggs from chicken constitute a breach of the second precept ?

I have read at least two background stories revolving around unwholesome results due to taking eggs from chicken (one seemed to be a story to comment a Dhammapada verse and another of which I couldn’t find the actual reference to be found in the suttas) and as I’ve had the chance of having an exchange with a Venerable bhikkhu who thinks it isn’t an issue to take eggs based on the suttas, I’d greatly appreciate learning more on this matter in order to deepen my understanding on what is proper and what isn’t :anjali:

I thank you for reading me,
Wishing you all well,
With mettā
Healthy chickens (hen) lay eggs every day (no critters).

What does your question mean by taking
chicken eggs? If it's fertilized by a rooster,
it's a creature. If you eat, you kill creatures.

If it is not fertilized, its contents are "empty".
As a chicken farmer, of course there is no
violation whatsoever--clearly RIGHT LIVELIHOOD.
Gwi: "There are only-two Sakaṽādins:
Theraṽādå&Ṽibhajjaṽādå, the rest are
nonsakaṽādins!"