What sort of Karma leads people to be born Asexual?

Balancing family life and the Dhamma, in pursuit of a happy lay life.
cappuccino

Re: What sort of Karma leads people to be born Asexual?

Post by cappuccino »

Akashad wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:09 am Did I do something bad in my previous lives to be born asexual.
conditioning……
Coaching
I specialize in Theravada Buddhism.
salayatananirodha

Post by salayatananirodha »

i really like aggañña sutta (DN 27) in that it reveals the conditioned nature of sexuality
ages ago, beings did not have gender or sexual attraction. excessive interest in form gave rise to gender and sexuality
when sex started happening, it was a shameful and secretive thing

https://suttacentral.net/dn27/en/tw-caf_rhysdavids
it's definitely the norm to have sexual attraction and also to act on it, but this has certainly not always been the case

of course, what ever one develops and pursues shapes his awareness
I host a sutta discussion via Zoom Sundays at 11AM Chicago time — message me if you are interested
Karaniyametta

Post by Karaniyametta »

How does your lower back feel? How is your relationship with self care, creativity and pleasure in general? Do you find yourself joyful?

The sankaras/vasanas/samsaras are held in the body, breath and mind.

From a Yoga philosophy and Chinese Medicine perspective, this is to do with blocked Swadishtana chakra, te energy channels in the second chakra (below the navel).

Swadishitana is blocked from shame, fear, guilt and a whole host of emotions. A lot of highly advanced spiritual people who have made great offerings to the world have underactive swadishtana but are very open in their crown chakra which is their spiritual centre. Then later on swadishtana starts to open up and become sexually compulsive/etc.

It's most likely that you have not overcome sexual desire but you have repressed it.

There are many things energetically, yoga-wise you can do to open this if you want a solution.

Karmically speaking, there could be many reasons which you will realise when that part starts to open up.

You can tell a lot from bodily position and breathing patterns. Physically we also tense certain muscle groups when we go into fight/flight mode or we are not fully relaxed (often gluteus - hence the term "tight ass." ) Many of us hunch our shoulders or cross our arms when we don't want to be in a situation (hence the term, "the weight of the world is on his/her shoulders"), feeling "gutted". These are just gross and obvious examples, but every moment our body mechanics are changing in accordance to what we're feeling. The body doesn't lie. We hold all those trapped emotions and passed mapping in our system from this life any many others. All of it together makes up the mind and body that we exist in today.

When we first start to meditate, these blocks become painfully (literally) obvious. And as we relax as different things come up and we learn to be with/sit with more blocks and they start to break up. However, metimes they need a little bit more energy than just a sitting practice to break up. The Buddha did so many practices before meditation. Yet most of us just focus on that very last practice he did as the most important. And then wonder why we can't sit still with an alert mind.

Most Buddha statues have that perfect sitting posture. All of his energy channels were open, the deep vasanas/blocks removed. That's why he was prepared to sit for so long. All that past mapping had been removed and he was a clear vessel for divine wisdom. He'd also just completed a 40 day water fast. So many of the greats fasted and purified the body and mind before receiving and delivering great wisdom. Pythagoras, Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, Hippocrates, no doubt many others.

I'm not suggesting you fast for 40 days, but body purification can really help a lot of memories come up and be released from the system on the physical level and it might help your swadishtana chakra. My suggestion is do things you enjoy and that make you feel. That might mean go dancing, or spend some time out in nature, not in your head but in your body. The bija mantra of swadishtana chakra is "I feel" so keep asking yourself what you feel.
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

Hi Akashad ,

Please don't worry, there's nothing "wrong" with being asexual, so don't worry about it - and my suggestion is.. don't get involved with a lot of nonsense and complicated "woo"!

Just gently relax ....and practice the Buddha's teachings whenever you can.

With metta,

Aloka :anjali:
jc1990

Post by jc1990 »

I don't know why, but just know that bad kamma, leads to bad result, so you don't worry about why this and why that, instead, you keep doing good kamma from now on. Daan, sila and bhanava, do dana, keep precepts and do meditation.