Questions/Comments on the Teachings of Waharaka Thero.

A forum for Dhamma resources in languages other than English
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Questions/Comments on the Teachings of Waharaka Thero.

Post by DNS »

Lal wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:38 pm To the Moderators:

Could you please delete these nonsensical comments from both threads?
- I hope you agree that there is absolutely no substance to them. I would be happy to respond to this person if he/she makes a valid response to my previous reply to him/her.
Don't comment in the thread, use the Report function; Click the ! box on the posts in question and explain how you believe it violates the terms of service.
Lal

Post by Lal »

I think I have done all I can do on my part. I have taken a lot of abuse over the past several years. I persevered out of compassion. But there are limits.
- Furthermore, what I have written should be enough for those who have open minds to get started.

This is my last post here at Dhamma Wheel unless those two posts are removed. If those two are removed, you can remove my responses to them too, including this one and I will continue to post.

I remember that you sent me an email asking me to participate at DW. Thank you for that.
- This was indeed an opportunity to present what I believe to be the true and pure Buddha Dhamma.
- I wish you all well in your pursuit of the true teachings of the Buddha.
Eko Care

Post by Eko Care »

Lal wrote: This is my last post here at Dhamma Wheel
Thank you very much for you kindness.

I think I was able to do a big service to the Dhammawheel, may be to the whole world, although it was unintentional.

And Venerable Dhammanando and Bhikkhu Pesala had contributed to it before me.

We are thankful to them as well.
Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:
Dhammanando wrote:Conclusion:
.. they lead only to baloney.
.. a trap for the unwary,..
And, Lal,
it would be very kind of you, if you could listen to the last advise of Bhikkhu Pesala as well.
Bhikkhu Pesala wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:48 pm I hope the authors will listen to the two of us and take down this website (Pure Dhamma website) until they are more qualified to write something that is truly helpful to revive the true Dhamma.
auto

Post by auto »

Lal wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:45 pm - The third layer is to follow the vision (Noble Path) gained by cultivating the correct versions of Ānāpānasati (same as Satipaṭṭhāna.) That leads to Arahathood. But these days, people start with Ānāpānasati, incorrectly assuming that it is “breath mediation.” One MUST attain the Sotapanna stage BEFORE starting on the lokuttara version of Ānāpānasati.
Sotapanna doesn't have right view what belongs to noble path. If he does wouldn't he practice for arhant fruit?
noble path is free of craving for sense pleasures, which sotapanna is not,
https://suttacentral.net/an4.5/en/sujato?layout=sidebyside&reference=none&notes=asterisk&highlight=false&script=latin wrote: All those people with unbridled sensuality,
Ye keci kāmesu asaññatā janā,
not free of lust, enjoying sensual pleasures in this life:
Avītarāgā idha kāmabhogino;
again and again, they return to birth and old age;
Punappunaṁ jātijarūpagāmi te, Variant: jātijarūpagāmi te → jātijarūpagāhino (bj); jātijarūpagā hi te (sya-all, km); jātijarūpagāmī te (pts1ed)
those who go with the stream are sunk in craving.
Taṇhādhipannā anusotagāmino.
mundane right view ripens in asava,
https://suttacentral.net/mn117/en/sujato?layout=sidebyside&reference=none&notes=asterisk&highlight=false&script=latin wrote:This is right view that is accompanied by defilements, has the attributes of good deeds, and ripens in attachment.
ayaṁ, bhikkhave, sammādiṭṭhi sāsavā puññabhāgiyā upadhivepakkā.
https://dictionary.sutta.org/browse/s/s%C4%81sava/ wrote:Concise Pali-English Dictionary by A.P. Buddhadatta Mahathera

sāsava:[adj.] connected with the depravities.
PTS Pali-English dictionary The Pali Text Society's Pali-English dictionary

Sāsava,(adj.) [sa3=āsava] connected with the āsavas D.III,112; A.I,81; Dhs.990,1103; Nett 80.(Page 707)
Lal

Post by Lal »

Sotapanna doesn't have right view what belongs to noble path. If he does wouldn't he practice for arhant fruit?
noble path is free of craving for sense pleasures, which sotapanna is not,
https://suttacentral.net/an4.5/en/sujat ... ript=latin wrote:
All those people with unbridled sensuality,
Ye keci kāmesu asaññatā janā,
not free of lust, enjoying sensual pleasures in this life:
Avītarāgā idha kāmabhogino;
again and again, they return to birth and old age;
Punappunaṁ jātijarūpagāmi te, Variant: jātijarūpagāmi te → jātijarūpagāhino (bj); jātijarūpagā hi te (sya-all, km); jātijarūpagāmī te (pts1ed)
those who go with the stream are sunk in craving.
Taṇhādhipannā anusotagāmino.
That is not correct. Your reference does not say that. One starts on the Noble Path as a Sotapanna.

The following sutta clearly states what Sotapanna means: "Veḷudvāreyya Sutta (SN 55.7)" : https://suttacentral.net/sn55.7/en/suja ... latin#11.6

Pali verse: " Yato kho, gahapatayo, ariyasāvako imehi sattahi saddhammehi samannāgato hoti imehi catūhi ākaṅkhiyehi ṭhānehi, so ākaṅkhamāno attanāva attānaṁ byākareyya:
khīṇanirayomhi khīṇatiracchānayoni khīṇapettivisayo khīṇā­pā­yadu­g­gati­vini­pāto­, sotāpannohamasmi avinipātadhammo niyato sambo­dhi­­parā­ya­ṇo’”­ti
­.

English translation there: "When a noble disciple has these seven good qualities and these four desirable states they may, if they wish, declare of themselves:
I’ve finished with rebirth in hell, the animal realm, and the ghost realm. I’ve finished with all places of loss, bad places, the underworld. I am a stream-enterer! I’m not liable to be reborn in the underworld, and am bound for awakening.’”

Many suttas in that series (SN 55) have those verses.
auto

Post by auto »

Lal wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:12 pm That is not correct. Your reference does not say that. One starts on the Noble Path as a Sotapanna.

The following sutta clearly states what Sotapanna means: "Veḷudvāreyya Sutta (SN 55.7)" : https://suttacentral.net/sn55.7/en/suja ... latin#11.6

Pali verse: " Yato kho, gahapatayo, ariyasāvako imehi sattahi saddhammehi samannāgato hoti imehi catūhi ākaṅkhiyehi ṭhānehi, so ākaṅkhamāno attanāva attānaṁ byākareyya:
khīṇanirayomhi khīṇatiracchānayoni khīṇapettivisayo khīṇā­pā­yadu­g­gati­vini­pāto­, sotāpannohamasmi avinipātadhammo niyato sambo­dhi­­parā­ya­ṇo’”­ti
­.

English translation there: "When a noble disciple has these seven good qualities and these four desirable states they may, if they wish, declare of themselves:
I’ve finished with rebirth in hell, the animal realm, and the ghost realm. I’ve finished with all places of loss, bad places, the underworld. I am a stream-enterer! I’m not liable to be reborn in the underworld, and am bound for awakening.’”

Many suttas in that series (SN 55) have those verses.
Let me toss something more.
There is this following the path and possessing the path,
https://suttacentral.net/sn22.58/en/sujato?layout=sidebyside&reference=none&notes=asterisk&highlight=false&script=latin wrote:And now the disciples live following the path; they acquire it later.
maggānugā ca, bhikkhave, etarahi sāvakā viharanti pacchā samannāgatā.
In conclusion: sotapanna doesn't have(possess) right view. Sotapanna after acquiring right view is savaka arhant.

Who has right view has this,
https://suttacentral.net/mn149/en/sujato?layout=sidebyside&reference=none&notes=asterisk&highlight=false&script=latin wrote: When you do truly know and see the eye,..
The view of such a person is right view.
Their intention is right intention,
They completely understand by direct knowledge those things that should be completely understood by direct knowledge.
Will your response stay the same? i get it that the sotapanna is noble disciple(ariyasavako), doesn't mean he has right view.

*there are confusing things for me, i don't understand.