Hello

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Microdose

Hello

Post by Microdose »

Hi,

Im interested in some of the Pali chants the origins of the chants and with some help with learning how to deepen the translations

I have had a chanting book that is used within the Thai Forest Traditions of Ajhan Chah western Branches

i have found these to be very complete in and of themselves, while many of the suttas are wonderful the chants have direct links with the Pali

Ive been using them for a few years on and off, while the translations are good i feel there is more to them than in standard translations

How important do people think these chants are

Im not a scholar , this is for my own personal meditation, study and reflections, i am not to interested in philosophy and views

Where would be the correct place to start a thread to ask some questions and gain more better understanding of the translations

Thank you all
bpallister

Re: Hello

Post by bpallister »

Learning Pali would probably be your best bet. I think there is a Pali thread in here somewhere. Edit: There is a whole Pali section :hello:
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

:hello:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”