Where to start? A blog post about how to be free from suffering.

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
jc1990

Where to start? A blog post about how to be free from suffering.

Post by jc1990 »

Hi,

I have written a post about how to be happy. You can read it here - https://ablogforhappiness20296852.wordp ... -be-happy/

Buddha taught about sila, samadhi and panna. You start with sila, then only you can meditate, then you will have panna, then you will be free from suffering.

Hope you find the post useful.

Wishing you happiness.
wenjaforever

Re: Where to start? A blog post about how to be free from suffering.

Post by wenjaforever »

There are many ways to escape suffering I suppose. Having a lot of money would potentially make your life a lot easier. Buying a gun permit would likely make you feel safer. Having friends would potentially lessen your suffering. But the best way to overcome suffering is probably to improve your karma. But remember there is no such thing as instant karma. As if you plant a tree it won't bear fruit the next day. As if you plant crops it won't be ripe for harvest the next day. As if you put money on investment you won't see profit the next day. You will only see the fruits of your current deeds in the next life.
money is worthless toilet paper • the tongue has no bone (a person might say one thing but it cannot be further from the truth) • you cannot teach a goat math as in you cannot teach the dhamma to a dumb person
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

wenjaforever wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:28 am But remember there is no such thing as instant karma.
Vipaka Sutta: Results

The slightest of all the results coming from…
wenjaforever

Post by wenjaforever »

cappuccino wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:31 amVipaka Sutta: Results

The slightest of all the results coming from…
I think those moral conduct is present in every single religion
money is worthless toilet paper • the tongue has no bone (a person might say one thing but it cannot be further from the truth) • you cannot teach a goat math as in you cannot teach the dhamma to a dumb person
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

wenjaforever wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:45 am I think those moral conduct is present in every single religion
The results are unique
Alino

Post by Alino »

N8P is a holistic training, it is better to train all the spikes of the DhammaWheel.
In order to see the Wheel turn, you no need long and strong spikes, but you need all spikes to be equally developed.
We don't live Samsara, Samsara is living us...

"Form, feelings, perceptions, formations, consciousness - don't care about us, we don't exist for them"
Strive4Karuna

Post by Strive4Karuna »

jc1990 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:57 am Hi,

I have written a post about how to be happy. You can read it here - https://ablogforhappiness20296852.wordp ... -be-happy/

Buddha taught about sila, samadhi and panna. You start with sila, then only you can meditate, then you will have panna, then you will be free from suffering.

Hope you find the post useful.

Wishing you happiness.
Thank you for adding to community.