Hi :)

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Juriks

Hi :)

Post by Juriks »

Hello, I read this forum sometimes, because I am interested in early buddhist teachings (especially dependent origination) and I also practice Anapanasati.

I am beginner, so I dont write very much. I am rather trying to gather different views from buddhist community and gauge for myself which is most consistent.

One of the voices that caught my attention was the user's DooDoot posting.

Could anybody tell me please - is he still posting here?
Eko Care

Re: Hi :)

Post by Eko Care »

Welcome to the Unorthodox Theravada forum!

:namaste:
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
tharpa

Post by tharpa »

Juriks wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:09 am One of the voices that caught my attention was the user's DooDoot posting.

Could anybody tell me please - is he still posting here?
It looks like he has not posted for seven months. search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&author=DooDoot
May all beings, in or out of the womb, be well, happy and peaceful.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel. :buddha1:
Juriks wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:09 am Could anybody tell me please - is he still posting here?
Not presently, no.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Juriks

Post by Juriks »

Thank you for your kindness :)

To Dhamma I came thanks to book by Steve Hagen book - "Buddhism plain and Simple" it was many years ago.

I always was looking for something different, something which can save me from this harsh reality. Something which give some kind of mental power as a shield. I was looking in many traditions and philosophies, but in Buddhism you can work with mind so deep and directly and this idea of No-self is so true.

That is why Buddhism :)

In Anapanasati I like its simplicity in dependent origination I like this knowledge how everything is constructed moment by moment.

Not that I can see it clearly in my experience all the time but you know, I am learning.