Was Buddha motivation for liberation solely for His own ?

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
bodom

Re: Was Buddha motivation for liberation solely for His own ?

Post by bodom »

wenjaforever wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:35 pm
cappuccino wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:30 pmThen nuclear bombs don’t exist?
Nuclear reaction don't exist even. Nuclear submarines and aircraft carriers actually run on hydrogen fuel, they swim in an ocean afterall. How do I multi quote in here?
This has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

:focus:

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

wenjaforever wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:55 pm No one is an idealist everyone is an opportunist
Everyone has the opportunity to create karma
Coaching
I specialize in Theravada Buddhism.
wenjaforever

Post by wenjaforever »

cappuccino wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:00 pmEveryone has the opportunity to create karma
Yes and I do karma heists most of the time and they don't have any knowledge about it whatsoever
money is worthless toilet paper • the tongue has no bone (a person might say one thing but it cannot be further from the truth) • you cannot teach a goat math as in you cannot teach the dhamma to a dumb person
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

wenjaforever wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:02 pm Yes and I do karma heists most of the time and they don't have any knowledge about it whatsoever
Stupid people delight in evil
Coaching
wenjaforever

Post by wenjaforever »

cappuccino wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:03 pmStupid people delight in evil
True and they have no knowledge about how to differ good from evil and Mara is very clever and cunning. As if a deaf man has no knowledge whatsoever about sound. And a colourblind person has no knowledge about colour. Their intelligence are handicapped.
money is worthless toilet paper • the tongue has no bone (a person might say one thing but it cannot be further from the truth) • you cannot teach a goat math as in you cannot teach the dhamma to a dumb person
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

wenjaforever wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:16 pm Their intelligence are handicapped.
Romans 1:20

In other words, everyone knows
Last edited by cappuccino on Tue May 24, 2022 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Coaching
wenjaforever

Post by wenjaforever »

cappuccino wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:17 pmRomans 1:20

I think a lot of the karmic aspects aren't discussed enough in Buddhism since the focus of Buddhism is to defeat samsara.
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

wenjaforever wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:23 pm I think a lot of the karmic aspects aren't discussed enough in Buddhism
Hell is more real than this life
Last edited by cappuccino on Tue May 24, 2022 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coaching
wenjaforever

Post by wenjaforever »

cappuccino wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:17 pmRomans 1:20

What do you mean? I'm not Christian but I studied the Bible. Much of the later parts of the new testament are purely made up. Jesus never said any of those. It's political because they are trying to highjack his teachings.
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

wenjaforever wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:26 pm Jesus never said any of those. It's political
The essence is clear
Coaching
wenjaforever

Post by wenjaforever »

cappuccino wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:07 pmThe essence is clear
I'm sorry but I don't think so. It's a secret test and we are disgusting cockroaches to them. Would the Micheline guy tell you first if he was about to inspect your place so you could put up a fake smile? Again pardon me, I have no intention to offend anyone.
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

Moderator note: would people please return to topic now? :anjali:
Rambutan

Post by Rambutan »

cappuccino wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:06 pm
Of course if you help yourself, only then can you help others
So, are you saying that if you have not attained nibbana, you can’t help others toward liberation?

If that were true, then what is the point of unenlightened monks and other Buddhists who have not attained nibbana spreading the dhamma if it is not helpful?
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

Rambutan wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:23 pm So, are you saying that if you have not attained nibbana, you can’t help others toward liberation?
Everyone seeking the goal is closer than others who do not seek
Coaching
wenjaforever

Post by wenjaforever »

The Buddha wasn't interested in conquering Satan or God because he already did it numerous and multiple times in his many previous past lives. He was only interested in conquering samsara.