i have tested positive for covid. any advice is appreciated

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
salayatananirodha

i have tested positive for covid. any advice is appreciated

Post by salayatananirodha »

i am going to go to the clinic tomorrow and maybe take paxlovid if i can afford it. (idk how much it is). i am going to take some zinc as well. i'm vaccinated pfizer x4. having chills feeling warm and some achey-ness (sp?) and sore throat
I host a sutta discussion via Zoom Sundays at 11AM Chicago time — message me if you are interested
SarathW

Re: i have tested positive for covid. any advice is appreciated

Post by SarathW »

If you do not have any existing health issues, the Covid now has treated as any common cold.
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
JamesTheGiant

Post by JamesTheGiant »

Relax and enjoy the paid days off!
salayatananirodha

afraid for my mom and her bf
she has diabetes and high blood pressure, also smokes. she is 50 and also has chronic bronchitis
i argue with her often. i would feel terrible if she died or had long term complications
I host a sutta discussion via Zoom Sundays at 11AM Chicago time — message me if you are interested
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
salayatananirodha wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:55 am i am going to go to the clinic tomorrow and maybe take paxlovid if i can afford it. (idk how much it is). i am going to take some zinc as well. i'm vaccinated pfizer x4. having chills feeling warm and some achey-ness (sp?) and sore throat
I take the following daily as prophylaxis...

- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Quercetin
- Zinc

This regime has been poo-poo'ed by vax-evangelists, and despite being recommended by medical professionals, you won't hear a lot about it online or in the media, because promoting it is the sort of thing that leads to people getting booted off social media platforms.

Nonetheless, it produces good results, both as prophylaxis or treatment, whether you're vaccinated or not.

All the best.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

retrofuturist wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:40 am Greetings,
salayatananirodha wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:55 am i am going to go to the clinic tomorrow and maybe take paxlovid if i can afford it. (idk how much it is). i am going to take some zinc as well. i'm vaccinated pfizer x4. having chills feeling warm and some achey-ness (sp?) and sore throat
I take the following daily as prophylaxis...

- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Quercetin
- Zinc
Yes, I did this for several months, and FWIW I'm the only member of my family not to succumb. Definitely worth a try! :thumbsup:
salayatananirodha

thanks retro i have everything there but quercetin. maybe i will get that, but it might not arrive in time
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
salayatananirodha wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:41 am thanks retro i have everything there but quercetin. maybe i will get that, but it might not arrive in time
The main function of the quercetin as part of the above combination, is to serve as an ionophore to help deliver the zinc where it needs to go. See this article for more information.

If by any chance you're able to source hydroxychloroquine more quickly, it's also a zinc ionophore... but of course, don't say that out loud on social media.

:spy:

All the best.

Metta,
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
salayatananirodha

lol well i ordered bromelain to come saturday. dont think i can get a doc to prescribe hydroxychloroquine :/
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
salayatananirodha wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:01 am lol well i ordered bromelain to come saturday. dont think i can get a doc to prescribe hydroxychloroquine :/
Depends where you are, but possibly not. When they say "trust the science", what they really mean is "trust The Science™"

Metta,
BrokenBones

Post by BrokenBones »

Get well soon... and remember... only the Buddha's Dhamma is 'settled'.
dharmacorps

Post by dharmacorps »

Please, take anything you hear from any internet forum as far as what to do about this dangerous communicable disease with heaps of salt. Speak to your doctor and follow their advice and ask questions of them. I am a medical professional, but this is not medical advice, just imploring you to use common sense and take it seriously.
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

Unless your zinc levels are low I don’t know why you would be taking it. Remember, too much of most things is bad for you. That includes zinc, vitamins etc. Regarding COVID, if you have had the jab then you should be fine. However, you really shouldn’t be listening to what I or others say. Going to strangers on the internet for medical advice, strangers who are usually ill-informed themselves, is a bad idea.
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
salayatananirodha

retrofuturist wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:09 am Greetings,
salayatananirodha wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:01 am lol well i ordered bromelain to come saturday. dont think i can get a doc to prescribe hydroxychloroquine :/
Depends where you are, but possibly not. When they say "trust the science", what they really mean is "trust The Science™"

Metta,
i somewhat agree with you. but yeah i went to urgent care and they prescribed nothing, just said take tylenol/ibuprofen
salayatananirodha

Ceisiwr wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:58 pm
Unless your zinc levels are low I don’t know why you would be taking it. Remember, too much of most things is bad for you. That includes zinc, vitamins etc. Regarding COVID, if you have had the jab then you should be fine. However, you really shouldn’t be listening to what I or others say. Going to strangers on the internet for medical advice, strangers who are usually ill-informed themselves, is a bad idea.
i am kind of in between, the covid information divides into sort of two camps. i use my senses to investigate. definitely think it's ok to ask for help online. buddhists are mostly good hearted people. i already know standard recommendations. i've been jabbed four times and i still got sick. perhaps it could be a lot worse without.

zinc comes out thru your pee, so it's hard to have too much