Ajahn Ganha Pic & Quote

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice, devotion etc.
Bhikkhu Ariyananda

Ajahn Ganha Pic & Quote

Post by Bhikkhu Ariyananda »

ajahn-ganha-quote.jpg
Ontheway

Re: Ajahn Ganha Pic & Quote

Post by Ontheway »

"We were born for enlightenment."

Ego detected? :?

Tell that to animals in the farm, to those animals bred as human pets, to unfortunate fellow human beings in third world countries where life is difficult, to those hungry people in African poor communities, to Ukrainians that suffer war, to those unfortunate handicapped people, to those dead babies in miscarriages.
Hiriottappasampannā,
sukkadhammasamāhitā;
Santo sappurisā loke,
devadhammāti vuccare.

https://suttacentral.net/ja6/en/chalmer ... ight=false
NotMe

Re: Ajahn Ganha Pic & Quote

Post by NotMe »

Samsara. We all go round and round. According to my understanding, we have all been there done that all that you’ve mentioned many times too many times. It’s time to stop rolling the stone up to the top of the hill and watch it roll back down like Sisyphus, we are born and reborn perhaps the word should’ve been reborn to realize the goal is not the top of the hill, where in the highest high you glory in your good karma until it is consumed and back down you go. We are to realize the other side of the mountain, the side not in our time space continuum. Once you roll that rock past the tippy top, it rolls on its own. Never to return to that other side of the mountain. My two cents. Metta

Edit to add: this all comes from a rock ‘n’ roll drummer so I think a grain of salt is appropriate.