Chakra and qualities

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
Ceisiwr

Re: Chakra and qualities

Post by Ceisiwr »

auto wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:48 pm
Ceisiwr wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:44 pm Instead of thinking you have all of the answers, which you don’t, you might try deferring to those who do know more about the subject than you do.
like who? you and ceomengu?
Not me, no. Coëmgenu knows better than you and I on this subject, whilst Malcom whom Coëmgenu referred to would know the most. Literally make a post at DharmaWheel to find out.
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
auto

Post by auto »

Ceisiwr wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:49 pm
Ceisiwr wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:44 pm Instead of thinking you have all of the answers, which you don’t, you might try deferring to those who do know more about the subject than you do.
Not me, no. Coëmgenu knows better than you and I on this subject, whilst Malcom whom Coëmgenu referred to would know the most. Literally make a post at DharmaWheel to find out.
like this,
wrote:"After having recognized one's own state, it is necessary to eliminate all doubts about it,
not in a merely intellectual way, but rather through experience: instantaneous pure
presence or recognition, called rigpa,must ripen and become more stable thanks to the various
Longde methods tied to particular experiences of contemplation. Finally, the practitioner's
task is to integrate the state of knowledge into all his or her daily activities and to develop
that capacity to the point of unifying the energy of the physical body with the energy of the
outer world.This is the aim of the practices of the third and final series, the Mennagde,
the supreme realization of which lies in the manifestation of the "rainbow body,
" the total re-absorption of the material elements into the pure energy and luminous essence of
the primordial state."'

Chogyal Namkhai Norbu;Adriano Clemente. The Supreme Source: The Fundamental
Tantra of the Dzogchen Semde
i am just giving you guys change to come back, to correct yourselves. And learn to read.
Last edited by auto on Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cause_and_Effect

Post by Cause_and_Effect »

Coëmgenu wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:52 pm
To say that prāṇa and/or any other name of the internal air-element is not "air" when the Dhātuvibhaṅgasutta specifies up-going winds and down-going winds, those same winds that Malcolm was quoted commenting on earlier, is to ignore the material contents of the suttas in favour of a New Age perennialism IMO.

Since you obviously have an interest in the subject why don't you find all of the earliest Indian usages of the term in relation to the metaphysical frameworks they were operating in.
To equate them with simply the English word 'air' without describing the relation of breathing to the breath energy system, is materialist pseudoacademic nonsense.
"Therein monks, that Dimension should be known wherein the eye ceases and the perception of forms fades away...the ear... the nose...the tongue... the body ceases and the perception of touch fades away...

That Dimension should be known wherein mentality ceases and the perception of mind-objects fades away.
That Dimension should be known; that Dimension should be known."

(S. IV. 98) - The Dimension beyond the All
auto

Post by auto »

i read things from Malcolm already many years ago without even knowing what i read was from Malcolm, happy now? I don't believe ceomengu knows better than me nor has the tantra eye to read tantra in things what he reads and i don't see Ceomengu inferring from internal knowledge what he types back after having read text.

ceiswir you are sad af telling tantra is nothing to do with the dhamma.
Last edited by auto on Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

auto wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:09 pm
i read things from Malcolm already many years ago without even knowing what i read was from Malcolm, happy now? I don't believe ceomengu knows better than me nor has the tantra eye to read tantra in things what he reads and i don't see Ceomengu inferring from internal knowledge what he types back after having read text.

ceiswir you are sad af
You might want to work on that sense restraint.
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

So far you have not demonstrated that the Buddha taught tantra, nor have you shown how it is required as part of the NEFP.
auto

Post by auto »

Ceisiwr wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:10 pm You might want to work on that sense restraint.
i like your speed of responding, keep at it.
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

auto wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:14 pm
Ceisiwr wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:10 pm You might want to work on that sense restraint.
And that has what to do with the conversation?
auto

Post by auto »

Ceisiwr wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:13 pm

So far you have not demonstrated that the Buddha taught tantra, nor have you shown how it is required as part of the NEFP.
why are you following abhidhamma? if you answer that, then perhaps i can muster an answer too.
auto

Post by auto »

Ceisiwr wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:17 pm
as much as your reply to me
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

auto wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:19 pm

why are you following abhidhamma? if you answer that, then perhaps i can muster an answer too.
I don’t really follow the Abhidhamma as such. I do consult the Abhidhamma, of different traditions, to help me understand certain things. What I don’t do is reject the Abhidhamma completely, only to invent one of my own. Something that is quite common on here.
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

auto wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:20 pm
Ceisiwr wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:17 pm
as much as your reply to me
This is possibly one of the most childish responses I’ve had on here.
auto

Post by auto »

Ceisiwr wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:21 pm

I don’t really follow the Abhidhamma as such. I do consult the Abhidhamma, of different traditions, to help me understand certain things. What I don’t do is reject the Abhidhamma completely, only to invent one of my own. Something that is quite common on here.
Why i asked you this is because abhidhamma aren't from a buddha either, no source to say it that it is, at least based on the Sutta only followers.
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

auto wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:30 pm
Ceisiwr wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:21 pm
Why i asked you this is because abhidhamma aren't from a buddha either, no source to say it that it is, at least based on the Sutta only followers.
No it isn’t, in its current forms. I think the Abhidhamma can add some unnecessary level of complexity. I see chakras as more of the same. It’s just not needed.
auto

Post by auto »

Ceisiwr wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:33 pm No it isn’t, in its current forms. I think the Abhidhamma can add some unnecessary level of complexity. I see chakras as more of the same. It’s just not needed.
When you reject chakra, you reject everything else tied to it too. Unless you have superficial understanding of them like Ceomengu has that they are flesh only, i don't see how one could possible reject chakras when still trying to attain something from meditation/spiritual life.

go with the Suttas, figure out. I know i wouldn't figure out a mediation based on sutta-only, when i wouldn't be already doing and have done lots of progress in internal alchemy