You can let the body sleep but the mind awake.

On the cultivation of insight/wisdom
Dhammapardon

Re: You can let the body sleep but the mind awake.

Post by Dhammapardon »

pudai wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:02 am There are practices to attain nirodha on the cushion exhaling all air and rotating the guts is one of them it's from Chan specifically if curious of it's origin.
Thank you for this, I'll look into it.
You died and that's you coming to get back to get into you as weird as that sounds. I don't want to get into the not self business as it is very complicated and best left to personal practice to become wise about.
Understood
Hopefully the clarification hasnt make it worse as more obscured
You've actually cleared up a good amount from my perspective.
but using the body for desire for others and things etc instead of really playing with it all by oneself to it's maximum? Then it would be sad to lose it not having got to know the body to the greatest extent of knowing it possible.
Could you clarify this part here? I'm not understanding it and think it's important.
Just as a bird, wherever it goes, flies with its wings as its only burden; so too is he content with a set of robes to provide for his body and almsfood to provide for his hunger. Wherever he goes, he takes only his barest necessities along. This is how a monk is content.(DN11)