Sutta quotes derisive to women

Textual analysis and comparative discussion on early Buddhist sects and scriptures.
rekoW

Sutta quotes derisive to women

Post by rekoW »

I reply on this DW chat to a member with name Jhana4 who believed covid vaccine was safe & effective even though many many injected people die with covid, catch covid, spread covid. Today is funeral of my vaccinate good friend who die from covid but also have past cancer. I think maybe the covid cause his cancer to return or get worse but i know for sure the vaccine did not stop his covid death, the same as vaccine never stop millions of new infection. My good friend was in Covid hospital ward for many weeks and not in cancer ward. He die officially from covid. My good friend was vaccinate with Pfizer many time.

I search for Jhana4 on internet and find Jhana4 writing on another buddha forum that frightened me. I was very scared to ask Jhana4 question on this buddha forum because the people there writing frightening posts about stopping free-speech because of "disinformation" about vaccine my friend took vaccine who die with covid and having funeral for him today. This people look like slave of government & corporation to me. I was so very scared reading this buddha forum like from 1950s. I see many police dress in black armour attacking lockdown protestor 1 year, 2 year ago. For what reason? The vacczine not work well. Israel allow unvaccinated tourist to enter Israel. Many country stop vaxxination program. Alpha vaccine not work for delta & omicron. This other buddhist people is like supporting armed black armour police attacking people. This people say they are true buddhist and other buddhist are fake rightwing buddhist who don't support Darth Vadar Police, not believe Pfizer not effective, not beliieeve govt.

But this new topic is not about the Pfizer effectiveness but another post about women. The Jhana4 posted:
Jhana4 wrote: Another person well versed in the suttas spent what must have been hours in making an anti-woman meme he posted that consisted of a number of sutta quotes derisive to women.
I was too scared to ask question at this buddha forum. Everyone there writing same extreme political ideology. It made me very scared. It was, what is the name in english? narrow-minded. in austria called "wowserism",

Is the above true? Is a number of buddha sutta quotes derisive to women? Which are the many sutta quotes derisive to women?
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Sutta quotes derisive to women

Post by DNS »

We closed our politics, news, and lounge sections of this forum several years ago. This topic is being closed as it is too political in nature. You may post a new topic with just discussion about references to women in the suttas, if you wish.