Visa for ordination in thailand question

Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.
mario92

Visa for ordination in thailand question

Post by mario92 »

Hello, my dream is once i pay my debt and have enough money for travel, etc, to ordain in thailand, but is there a special visa for those that want to ordain in thailand? like religious visa? Thank you
Johann

Re: Visa for ordination in thailand question

Post by Johann »

mario92 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:27 am Hello, my dream is once i pay my debt and have enough money for travel, etc, to ordain in thailand, but is there a special visa for those that want to ordain in thailand? like religious visa? Thank you
Much better to focus on the current step and hurry up on this, good householder, as all ways now are fastly closing down. Step by step, and zealous, with mindfulness, no hindrances would lead away from higher, for one not wasting time with dreaming but put effort to simple go after them.
BKh

Post by BKh »

mario92 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:27 am Hello, my dream is once i pay my debt and have enough money for travel, etc, to ordain in thailand, but is there a special visa for those that want to ordain in thailand? like religious visa? Thank you
Yes, there is, I believe. You will get the best information by contacting the monastery you hope to ordain at. Visa requirements change often so it is good to contact them directly.

Good luck in your wholesome aspiration.
| One sutta per day to your inbox | ReadingFaithfully.org Support for reading the Suttas | Citation lookup helper | Instant sutta name lookup | Instant PED lookup | Instant DPPN lookup |
mario92

Post by mario92 »

Namaste and thank you venerables :namaste: