Unemployed and poor

Balancing family life and the Dhamma, in pursuit of a happy lay life.
mario92

Unemployed and poor

Post by mario92 »

Hello i had been unemployed since january, i tried to make money online but i hadnt been able to do, i only have $100 dlls, no one wants to hire me in the entire city, i am planning to move to another city but i have fear that, the same things happen to me over there (that i wont get hired), should i try investing?
JamesTheGiant

Re: Unemployed and poor

Post by JamesTheGiant »

mario92 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:39 pm should i try investing?
No, that's a bad idea. Maybe if you had a few tens of thousands of dollars, but any investment promising good returns on your $100 is most definitely a scam.

Can you work stacking shelves at a supermarket? Cleaning toilets? Or working a Stop/Go sign on the roadworks?

Why won't people hire you?
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

mario92 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:39 pm Hello i had been unemployed since january, i tried to make money online but i hadnt been able to do, i only have $100 dlls, no one wants to hire me in the entire city, i am planning to move to another city but i have fear that, the same things happen to me over there (that i wont get hired), should i try investing?
How are you going to invest $100.00?
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
JamesTheGiant

Post by JamesTheGiant »

SarathW wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:43 am How are you going to invest $100.00?
There are lots of online scams which promise to turn $100 into $10,000 in just one month. By which time your money is gone and it's too late to reverse the transaction.
mario92

Post by mario92 »

JamesTheGiant wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:55 am
mario92 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:39 pm should i try investing?
No, that's a bad idea. Maybe if you had a few tens of thousands of dollars, but any investment promising good returns on your $100 is most definitely a scam.

Can you work stacking shelves at a supermarket? Cleaning toilets? Or working a Stop/Go sign on the roadworks?

Why won't people hire you?
Hi thanks Sarath and James for the answer, i bought a 3d printer but i was a little dissapointed because it lasts a lot to get a tiny piece of plastic product. But i will keep trying. Is the only thing i know might work at least a little bit. Maybe i will print an eiffel tower :P
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

Sell plasma while you have enough iron and protein in your blood that they will take it.

Eggs, cheese, protein powder, and ramen are good choices. Those are the bulk of my diet, so I can tell you it works.

Now is the best time to find remote work. Don't just look for it where you live.

Also, if you are serious about practical advice it helps to at least give a general hint about where you live. Otherwise, the answers will be so generic that you can't use them.
mario92

Post by mario92 »

Inedible wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:44 am Sell plasma while you have enough iron and protein in your blood that they will take it.

Eggs, cheese, protein powder, and ramen are good choices. Those are the bulk of my diet, so I can tell you it works.

Now is the best time to find remote work. Don't just look for it where you live.

Also, if you are serious about practical advice it helps to at least give a general hint about where you live. Otherwise, the answers will be so generic that you can't use them.
thank you :namaste:
Disciple

Post by Disciple »

Try applying at construction companies as a laborer if you don't mind physical work. They are always hiring.
SDC

Post by SDC »

Disciple wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:04 pm Try applying at construction companies as a laborer if you don't mind physical work. They are always hiring.
Was thinking the same thing.
“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
sunnat

Post by sunnat »

In the short term…
Ignore job ads and instead walk around an industrial area with good working clothes and a packed lunch asking if work is available. Likewise going around to restaurants seeing if anyone needs a dish washer/kitchen hand. Always give some earnings away.

Invest in a bountiful future by giving the money to a place devoted to the meditation practices as taught by The Buddha and join a meditation retreat. The long term fruits are wealth and happiness
nothingworthgrasping

Post by nothingworthgrasping »

mario92 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:39 pm Hello i had been unemployed since january, i tried to make money online but i hadnt been able to do, i only have $100 dlls, no one wants to hire me in the entire city, i am planning to move to another city but i have fear that, the same things happen to me over there (that i wont get hired), should i try investing?
Have you try to learn coding? I have, and successfully get out of unemployment since January. It's take a couple of months, and then a few weeks to apply to job (for internship positions) and do interviews, the odd is quite low, I'd say it 1:50, but everything's a number game, so just keep at it.

About how to stay alive during the training time, I'd suggest you to cut out all unnecessary spending, try to walk instead of taking transportation, try to eat only one meal a day, you will be hungry but you won't die, trust me.

mario92

Post by mario92 »

Thank you all for the kind response :namaste:
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

Hi Mario
What jobs are you looking for?
Any time I have been unemployed it has never been for long and I live on a small(ish) island of 80,000 people.
Are you discounting certain lower paid jobs?

Kind regards
Cittasanto
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
mario92

Post by mario92 »

Cittasanto wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:02 am Hi Mario
Any time I have been unemployed it has never been for long and I live on a small(ish) island of 80,000 people.

Kind regards
Cittasanto
Hello thank you, im looking for internet jobs, i think people discriminate me thats why i cant have a normal job. My past job was with my family bussiness but due to unsecurity i had to leave it. Maybe coding may works i was thinking of it before.
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

Why would they discriminate?
mario92 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:02 pm
Cittasanto wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:02 am Hi Mario

Kind regards
Cittasanto
Hello thank you, im looking for internet jobs, i think people discriminate me thats why i cant have a normal job. My past job was with my family bussiness but due to unsecurity i had to leave it. Maybe coding may works i was thinking of it before.
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill