The Greatest Gift

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
sunnat

The Greatest Gift

Post by sunnat »

It may seem like there is ‘choices’ involved. In fact said choices are sankharas arising dependent on a priori conditions.

When one associates with the wise and has contact with The Dhamma, then arising are, dependent on conditions, appreciation of The Dhamma and the likelihood of further exposure increases and due to conditions further exposure occurs resulting in pro Dhamma kamma and kamma resultants and so on and on until the scales tip in favour of the path and one enters the stream.

The Buddha repeatedly emphasised the importance of wholesome conditions that determine progress. This enormous task of setting the wheel in motion was undertaken after long and deep contemplation of how to maximise the likelihood of ordinary persons becoming exposed to The Dhamma. Naturally it meant training those he knew to be close to the goal and thus building a Sangha.

Thus, and always, the greatest gift is to practice, to train, to walk the path.
purple planet

Re: The Greatest Gift

Post by purple planet »

So advancemnt in the path should be like a snowball ?

Why i feel stuck after years of (non continues) practice ? why i "fall" soo much if it should become more easier and strong kamma push and instead it seems harder and i feel less motivated ?
sunnat

Re: The Greatest Gift

Post by sunnat »

You may need to check with a teacher, a senior monk for example, to see you are meditating correctly.