Welcome to participate in our study about meditation experiences

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
Hilla

Welcome to participate in our study about meditation experiences

Post by Hilla »

Dear practicioners at Dhammawheel,

We're a group of psychologists at Åbo Akademi University (Finland), University of Turku (Finland), and Stanford University (CA, USA), and we're conducting a study about the experiential features of meditative states and their relation to different aspects of well-being. We'd love to hear about your meditation experiences.

We're interested in all kinds of experiences. The survey takes about 30-60 minutes to complete, depending on how elaborate your answers are. You remain completely anonymous throughout the study. You can participate via the link below:

https://users.abo.fi/jjylkka/meditation/

Your participation is much appreciated!
Kindly,
Hilla (masters student, University of Turku)
mario92

Re: Welcome to participate in our study about meditation experiences

Post by mario92 »

Hello i tried the survey, there is a question where it asks you when was the last time you used psichedelics, i couldnt answer because there is not" i
have never used psichedelics" -option so i closed the survey.
Dhamma Chameleon

Post by Dhamma Chameleon »

mario92 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:17 pm Hello i tried the survey, there is a question where it asks you when was the last time you used psichedelics, i couldnt answer because there is not" i
have never used psichedelics" -option so i closed the survey.
Along similar lines, the longest ago you could have last done psychedelics is 1+ year ago, which cannot reflect youthful excess of many years ago (and in my case totally unrelated to meditation practice of more recent years). I fear filling this survey in will give a misleading picture of my practice.
Hilla

Post by Hilla »

Hi,

Thanks for pointing this out! You’re absolutely right. This was a coding mistake and has now been fixed. We absolutely don’t mean to imply that drug use is somehow customary. It’s just important for us to know if the answerer has used psychedelics recently because it may affect the answers in some way. Thanks for letting us know.

Sincerely,
Hilla