How does the practice of anapanasati relate to paticca-samuppada?

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
Coëmgenu

Re: How does the practice of anapanasati relate to paticca-samuppada?

Post by Coëmgenu »

mjaviem wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:48 pm
Coëmgenu wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:03 pm Understood as a "mere concept," then, when the Arhat dies, because he's freed from the concept, freed from the conceptuality, it's not actually "death."

No? I'm willing to let you adjust the phrasing, but that's basically the Buddhism of those who believe that the Arhats do not "experience."
I think it's you who perceives truth in what is delusion. I think you have your perception inverted. While not claiming the opposite, I do believe death is the wrong way as the Buddha explained, the path that delusion leads to.
That's a good job of avoiding stating anything concrete about your creative interpretations and muddying the waters as much as possible. Bravo.
What is the Uncreated?
Sublime & free, what is that obscured Eternity?
It is the Undying, the Bright, the Isle.
It is an Ocean, a Secret: Reality.
Both life and oblivion, it is Nirvāṇa.
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

Ceisiwr wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:11 pm By thinking in those terms, by thinking like a Buddha, we become liberated.
Samsara is called the never ending story

Nirvana is called the end

You have to be willing to stop reading
Coaching
I specialize in Theravada Buddhism.
Coëmgenu

Post by Coëmgenu »

Somehow, it makes perfect sense that you'd think of saṃsāra as a fantasy film from the 80's.
What is the Uncreated?
Sublime & free, what is that obscured Eternity?
It is the Undying, the Bright, the Isle.
It is an Ocean, a Secret: Reality.
Both life and oblivion, it is Nirvāṇa.
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

Coëmgenu wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:35 pm Somehow, it makes perfect sense that you'd think of saṃsāra as a fantasy film from the 80's.
:lol:
Coaching
I specialize in Theravada Buddhism.
Noble Sangha

Post by Noble Sangha »

auto wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:06 pm
Thinking, ‘I’ll fulfill the entire spectrum of ethical conduct I haven’t yet fulfilled, or support with wisdom in every situation the ethical conduct I’ve already fulfilled.

Without fulfilling the practice dealing with supplementary regulations, it’s impossible to fulfill the practice of a trainee.
Without fulfilling the practice of a trainee, it’s impossible to fulfill ethics.
Without fulfilling ethics, it’s impossible to fulfill right view.
Without fulfilling right view, it’s impossible to fulfill right immersion.
Thank you for trying to find / bring up the sutta's that I was mentioning / seeking. But those one's and in the other thread are not the one's that I was looking for. Thanks anyways for trying / helping.
I am a Buddhist that doesn't practice Buddhism. What I practice is nekkhamma, abyāpāda, avihiṁsā, viraga, nirodha or the Noble Eight Fold Path. The elimination / eradication / extermination of defilements, kilesa's, raga, dosa, moha and asava's.

Lineage: Buddha > Sthaviravada > Vibhajjavada > Theravada > Striving for Nibbana.
auto

Post by auto »

Noble Sangha wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:11 pm Thank you for trying to find / bring up the sutta's that I was mentioning / seeking. But those one's and in the other thread are not the one's that I was looking for. Thanks anyways for trying / helping.
message received