Is this mental suffering or physical suffering?

Balancing family life and the Dhamma, in pursuit of a happy lay life.
Jinny999

Is this mental suffering or physical suffering?

Post by Jinny999 »

Hi,

If I think/plan too much about business. Overthinking of doing big business and not even having small fund to start. And then the mind gets tired and feel kind of headache and pain, no energy to even walk up the stairs or do anything. Is this mental suffering or physical suffering.

And do you have a solution to this problem. I'm already trying to solve but knowing about it more would be good.

Thank you.
santa100

Re: Is this mental suffering or physical suffering?

Post by santa100 »

Jinny999 wrote:If I think/plan too much about business. Overthinking of doing big business and not even having small fund to start. And then the mind gets tired and feel kind of headache and pain, no energy to even walk up the stairs or do anything. Is this mental suffering or physical suffering.
Sounds like both: the headache/pain/exhausted body to walk up the stairs are physical suffering; the overthinking/overplanning/anxiety are mental. About finding a solution to your problem, maybe you should start with the very first step of any problem-solving strategy: define what exactly the problem is, ie. what's the reason you have to think/plan too much about your business? Is it solely due to a lack of funding? etc. Once you've defined the exact problem, then break it down to smaller, more manageable chunks to solve them. Ask yourself this question: does your overplanning/anxiety really help speed up resolving the issue, OR they only make it worse? Lastly, don't forget the wisdom the Buddha taught us in SN 22.59
SN 22.59 wrote:"Bhikkhus, how do you conceive it: is form permanent or impermanent?" — "Impermanent, venerable Sir." — "Now is what is impermanent painful or pleasant?" — "Painful, venerable Sir." — "Now is what is impermanent, what is painful since subject to change, fit to be regarded thus: 'This is mine, this is I, this is my self'"? — "No, venerable sir."