On Alajji - matters

Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Re: On Alajji - matters

Post by Sam Vara »

Coëmgenu

:goodpost: :clap:
Coëmgenu

Post by Coëmgenu »

Sam Vara wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:15 pm:goodpost: :clap:
It goes even deeper. When a worldling approaches the āryan way and resolves to not again roll his eyes, when he undertakes the practice to realize his resolve, in short, when and as the sinner reforms, the 12 transcendental links are realized during the process of one reforming (mental) action.

The remorse, shame, and regret that drives him towards reform is "suffering." His belief in the words of the Buddha that inform him of his wrongness is "faith." Rejoicing in the resolve to do good via the transformative faith is "joy." The transformation of his heart from arrogance, condescension, and vanity to loving-kindness, from shame to joy, is "rapture." The calming of the volatile volitional formation encouraging reactivity to the unpleasant vedanā in question is "tranquility" arisen of the rapture. The lessening of his bodily stress and tension associated with harboring ill-will, the tranquilizing of his bodily stress, is "bliss." His fixation upon the moral teachings of the Buddha that lead to bliss is "samādhi." The process of the undertaking of the actualization of the reformation of the sinner is "knowing and seeing," "knowledge and vision." Via concentration, one applies oneself to knowing and to seeing. The resolve to renounce former wickedness, now known and seen, is "disenchantment." The cooling, and ultimately the ending, of hatred is "dispassion." The exit from worldly faith into noble faith, from the faith of an ignorant to the faith of a knowledgeable; the proof of the practice that is arrived at by having practiced, by having actualized the transformative process; the confirmation of the Buddha's moral teachings with the associated resolve to follow them, knowing them to be true; is "deliverance." The subsequent non-doing of evil accompanied by the resolve to not do evil is "knowledge of the destruction of the āsavas" (well, one aspect of one affliction... but still!).

1) Suffering
2) Faith
3) Joy
4) Rapture
5) Tranquility
6) Bliss
7) Samādhi
8) Knowledge and Vision
9) Disenchantment
10) Dispassion
11) Deliverance
12) Knowledge of the Destruction of the Taint(s)

"I'm here all week!" as the worldly showman says. Somehow I doubt I'm closer to knowledge of the destruction of the afflictive taint of eye-rolling and the accompanying sarcasm and derision. I might stay "wandering," rolling my eyes many times before I renounce the "wandering" of the roaming rolling eyeballs.
What is the Uncreated?
Sublime & free, what is that obscured Eternity?
It is the Undying, the Bright, the Isle.
It is an Ocean, a Secret: Reality.
Both life and oblivion, it is Nirvāṇa.
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

I know a good publisher. I'll take 10%.
Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

Sam Vara wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:55 pm I know a good publisher. I'll take 10%.
That's generous. :tongue:
Buddha save me from new-agers!
Johann

Post by Johann »

Sam Vara wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:55 pm I know a good publisher. I'll take 10%.
That's again the approach of a enemy in disguise. And it's not joke-wheel. But one leaves Alajji-association only if seeing suffering within, the dangers, remember the teachings. How old and actually blessed are yours all here.

It's serious, and serious doesn't mean that it goes against ones security and long term welfare.
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
Johann wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:29 pm It's serious, and serious doesn't mean that it goes against ones security and long term welfare.
If you're serious, become a bhikkhu then.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Johann

Post by Johann »

retrofuturist wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:46 pm Greetings,
Johann wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:29 pm It's serious, and serious doesn't mean that it goes against ones security and long term welfare.
If you're serious, become a bhikkhu then.

Metta,
Good householder is seldom aware, but he's mostly the one who leads topics astray. As for Alajji-householder, he does a "good" sample.

People desire to "be" and "maintain" in the world, "no-be" "not maintain" in the world, caught in wrong pride, holding stand, aren't able to abound Alajji.

But yes, to bear the attribute of the near follower, heirs, of the Sublime Buddha is very serious, so Alajji is, for what could a foolish clown damage their wonna-be. He wouldn't disturb those bond to each other, good or bad.

We don't take what isn't given, even not if a copy made to public creativity, common domain.

Good householder had probably read the matter of taking Nissaya on Alajji, and it's even more serious in regard of Upasampadā.

Again, good householder, most of yours have no relation to the Gems, but build on inproper given. It would be good if going out and seek refuge before running a wheel as it easy works as a wheel of destruction culture and heritage. While pride and ingratitude totally covers things up, when clouds later vanish and one faces the damages once made in ones pre-occupations, that's then maybe to late.

Now, he still would have ways to get aware of the danger of the entertaining tool he plays around, could even find refuge after pardoning toward the Gems.
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Johann,

Thank you for your babbling, incoherent rationalisations.

All the best.

Metta,
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Johann

Post by Johann »

retrofuturist wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:03 am Greetings Johann,

Thank you for your babbling, incoherent rationalisations.

All the best.

Metta,
Many here, sometimes coming across, told householder already: don't tell when thinking another, don't wish well, when hoping for the opposite, don't put "with metta" under a harmful deed, and don't cover Mara with a smile.
As a leader people adopt easy doing bodily, verbal one thing and intending another.

It's like as if "Buddhist" run a Dhammawheel and have no regard for going forth, no regard for monks, Samanas, and strip them even off the robes. Children follow even foolish behaviours, such as klet the monks ask, bow down, and venerate us first.

Don't one think that Alajji doesn't matter for householder striving for even only ayyu, vanno, sukhang, balang.

What's the gain of leading many toward de-generation, into killing fields? Non-existing of Sublime all around wouldn't solve the fact of nevertheless poor, since not done the duties.
Johann

Post by Johann »

On the matter of basic Alajja in regard of distinction and veneration, respect:
Namo tassa bhagavato arahato sammā-sambuddhassa

Formaly, monks, in Benares, the wife if a certain low class man came to bd pregnant. Then, monks, this low class woman spoke thuse to this low cjlass man: 'Sir, I am pregnant; I want to eat a mango.'
'There are no mangoes, it's not the mango season', he said.
Now at that time the king had a mango tree with a perpetual crop of fruit. Then, monks, that low class man approached that mango tree; having approached, having climed up that mango tree, he renained hidden.
Then, monks, the king together with the brahmin priest, approached that mango tree; having approached, having sat down on a higher seat, he learnt a mantra. Then, monks, it occurred to the low class man:

'How unrighteous is this king, inasmuch as he learns Dhamma, having sat down on a high seat. This Brahmin also is unrightous, inasmuch as he, having sat down a low seat, teaches Dhamma to someone sitting on a higher seat. I too am unrighteous, I who for the sake of a woman (beloved poor), steal the Kings mangoes (Dhamma). But all this is quite gone,' and he fell down just there.

Neither knows the goal,
neither sees dhamma,
Neither he who teaches the Dhamma,
nor he who learns accordind to what is not the rule."

"My food is pure conjey
of rice flavoured with meat,
I do not therefore fare on Dhamma,
dhamma praised by the Noble.

Brahmin, shame on that gain of wealth,
(that) gain of fame;
That conduct (leads to falling away.
Foolish monks as well as dealer don't see the danger in such "minor" things.

When accounting, even a former thief, if not total degenerated, can get to mind.
Radix

Post by Radix »

JamesTheGiant wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:18 am Johann, it is best you do not go online. It benefits nobody.
You yourself become agitated, mind stirred up.

Other people lose faith when they see one in robes behaving so.
Other people lose faith because of him? How do you know that? And name at least three who have lost faith because of him.
Western Buddhism is the perfect ideological supplement to rabid consumerist capitalism.
Glenn Wallis
Radix

Post by Radix »

retrofuturist wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:30 amAgreed... and I would add, please end the charade. Either become a bhikkhu, or disrobe. Stop trying to milk the best of both worlds.
He's not in violation of the TOS in this regard.
Western Buddhism is the perfect ideological supplement to rabid consumerist capitalism.
Glenn Wallis
Johann

Post by Johann »

It's very importand, yet not easy to trace, to don't resist in Alajji areas. Missing simple basics are signs, and like all wrong tendency, such is based on wrong view. Once children get into wrong association, they hardly ever find an easy path out of it. May yours always take care of each other, encourage to better, more sublime, and never forget compassion of wisdom, which should always be higher then personal benefits and comfort, yet of course such requires grow in independence.

It's really not wise to use unique chances to run a theater for entertainment by short comings of others, or not aware running around like the "Emperor in his new clothes", naked. Again, my person encourages to give the monks their area and also ways to help each other, moderate themselves, in a very personal invited manner not like a consuming crown of Max-fans and Union-leader.

Atma, some might use the topic to get on with script studies, things good to let not really given and burdensome rest again.

Thought to leave again behind: How to address wrong view?

Download: http://forum.sangham.net/index.php?acti ... dl=item271

Good to follow well meant advices of not burden oneself and others.

metta & mudita

[May the Venerables make use of the improper taken on account, abounded here. (PW: theravada)]