Does anyone know if there are any kind Buddhist Monks or Nuns following good vinaya precepts in the UK (England)?

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
KeepCalm

Re: Does anyone know if there are any kind Buddhist Monks or Nuns following good vinaya precepts in the UK (England)?

Post by KeepCalm »

Although upon reflection I'm not saying thanks to those of you who have been stirring things up :stirthepot: or for those who have been casting aspersion against my name and motivations.

To give an example, for what its worth the 'Ol Liberal Pete side of me thinks the thought of a group of monks sitting around in the evenings nibbling on a bit of dark chocolate quite amusing/cute but the Old SkooL Hardcore Buddhist in me finds it extremely problematic / *hard work*. I think if all the different traditions make a sincere attempt to follow vinaya 100% correctly then there can be more peace and unity, in fact I think it's .:essential:. l for survival.

KeepCalm
KeepCalm

Re: Does anyone know if there are any kind Buddhist Monks or Nuns following good vinaya precepts in the UK (England)?

Post by KeepCalm »

Actually while thinking about my mind states when making some of these posts.. it's really bad.

I think I even thought Whilst.during or after posting one of these posts that I might have thought.. 'this might actually cause a schism in the Sangha' for a few moments there and yet I posted it anyway which is really bad actaully.. I wanted to confess this.. I should probably confess it to actual Sangha too if I can muster up the guts to do it.

My mind has been a mess these days. I'm sorry.

I'd like to request that this whole thread be deleted please.
robertk

Post by robertk »

We don't delete entire threads except in rare cases, and only when relatively few posts are in it.
However I will lock this thread so that it fades away :).