how one EBT translator locates himself among others

Textual analysis and comparative discussion on early Buddhist sects and scriptures.
l_rivers

how one EBT translator locates himself among others

Post by l_rivers »

how one EBT translator locate himself among others... I thought this was interesting.

SUJATO, BHIKKHU; A History of Mindfulness How insight worsted tranquillity in the Satipaṭṭhāna Sutta; SANTIPADA, 2012
ISBN: 978–1–921842–10–8 
http://santipada.org

excerpt:

P.19
I have tried to make matters no more technical and specialized than necessary, without sacrificing precision. The translations are from various sources. Research was carried out in many places​—​monasteries, libraries, Buddhist centres, internet​—​and I am not able to standardize or to check all the references. Special thanks are due to Bhikkhu Fa Qing, who gave much of his time to help me explore some arcane corners of the Chinese canon, and to Roderick Bucknell for much illuminating information and challenging ideas. It is to Rod that I owe most of the detailed information on such texts as the Dharmaskandha, Śāriputrābhidharma, Kāyagatāsmṛti Sūtra, and much else. Towards the end of this project, I began a correspondence with Venerable Anālayo, who helped me get a handle on reading the Chinese canon.
:coffee:
l_rivers

Re: how one EBT translator locates himself among others

Post by l_rivers »

Johann
I only generally understand your criticism. It seems part of a larger conversation about inappropriate dissemination of sacred teachings.

But your referral to robbers his robber an robbed all must point to a series of individuals or groups you haven't identified enough for me to follow your arguement.

It would help if you described the right way to pass on Dharma.