Where can I find a compilation of the commentaries?

Exploring the Dhamma, as understood from the perspective of the ancient Pali commentaries.
Dhammapardon

Where can I find a compilation of the commentaries?

Post by Dhammapardon »

I found a need to explore the commentaries recently and discovered I don't have any resources or understanding of where commentaries reside online. I enjoy the resources provided here and would like to find a source trusted by those here.

Would someone be kind enough to direct me to a good source of commentaries? Preferably translated to English if this exists.
:anjali:
Just as a bird, wherever it goes, flies with its wings as its only burden; so too is he content with a set of robes to provide for his body and almsfood to provide for his hunger. Wherever he goes, he takes only his barest necessities along. This is how a monk is content.(DN11)
mikenz66

Re: Where can I find a compilation of the commentaries?

Post by mikenz66 »

Here are a few threads about sources:
viewtopic.php?t=35754
viewtopic.php?p=27836
I'm sure there are some more comprehensive lists, but I can't locate them right now...

Also have a look at: https://classicaltheravada.org/

:heart:
Mike
Dhammapardon

Post by Dhammapardon »

:anjali:
Just as a bird, wherever it goes, flies with its wings as its only burden; so too is he content with a set of robes to provide for his body and almsfood to provide for his hunger. Wherever he goes, he takes only his barest necessities along. This is how a monk is content.(DN11)
Dhammapardon

Post by Dhammapardon »

zerotime wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:59 pm viewtopic.php?p=675087
Thank you for the addition. :anjali: