Sepal Amarasinghe = Salman Rushdie of Sri Lanka?

Organisational work, teaching, Sunday school syllabus, charitable work, outreach, sharing of resources, artwork, etc.
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Sepal Amarasinghe was arrested by a special CID team at Bellanwila for his statement on the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, Police said.

President Ranil Wickremesinghe had instructed the IGP to initiate immediate investigation into the fake Dalada Maligawa.
https://www.dailymirror.lk/breaking_new ... 108-251659

Also plan to banned all social media for speech against any politicians this include Sri Lankans living overseas!
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
Dilantha

Re: Sepal Amarasinghe = Salman Rushdie of Sri Lanka?

Post by Dilantha »

SarathW wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:45 am Sepal Amarasinghe = Salman Rushdie of Sri Lanka?
Sepal Amarasinghe was arrested by a special CID team at Bellanwila for his statement on the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, Police said.

President Ranil Wickremesinghe had instructed the IGP to initiate immediate investigation into the fake Dalada Maligawa.
https://www.dailymirror.lk/breaking_new ... 108-251659

Also plan to banned all social media for speech against any politicians this include Sri Lankans living overseas!

when we elect corrupt politicians.then what else can we expect ...
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

What did he say? That it was fake?

Samuel wrote this 13 years ago:
Samuel wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:45 am
The Sri Dalada Maligawa or The Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic is a temple in the city of Kandy in Sri Lanka:
Perhaps the only genuine actual relic of the Buddha left in the known world.
You obviously haven't seen the "relic". It's clearly man made, shaped like a long bended cone with a round tip and a perfectly flat surface where the root should be. It's probably made of ivory. You can see a picture of the "relic" on this link. That anyone who's seen it can believe that it is a human tooth amazes me.
viewtopic.php?p=60519#p60519
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

DNS wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:29 pm What did he say? That it was fake?

The Sri Dalada Maligawa or The Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic is a temple in the city of Kandy in Sri Lanka:
You obviously haven't seen the "relic". It's clearly man made, shaped like a long bended cone with a round tip and a perfectly flat surface where the root should be. It's probably made of ivory. You can see a picture of the "relic" on this link. That anyone who's seen it can believe that it is a human tooth amazes me.
I believe those pictures are fake.
Actually what he said was trivial to me.
What he said was to the effect that the sacred tooth is a testicle (it is a derogative word in Sinhalese name (Labba or the gourd)
However, he apologizes to the public.
Now he has been released from jail.

Now another man was arrested as he was hooting near a temple to protest a politician.
The reason for the arrest was degrading the temple (not disparaging the politician)

These arrests are politically motivated.

Now they are bringing a new law that any who protests, strikes, or union leaders who promote them consider a terrorist.

Unfortunately, the situation is deteriorating in Sri Lanka. They have abolished the election.
Large-scale bloodshed and death are imminent.
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

SarathW wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:13 am

I believe those pictures are fake.
Actually what he said was trivial to me.
What he said was to the effect that the sacred tooth is a testicle (it is a derogative word in Sinhalese name (Labba or the gourd)
However, he apologizes to the public.
Now he has been released from jail.

Now another man was arrested as he was hooting near a temple to protest a politician.
The reason for the arrest was degrading the temple (not disparaging the politician)

These arrests are politically motivated.

Now they are bringing a new law that any who protests, strikes, or union leaders who promote them consider a terrorist.

Unfortunately, the situation is deteriorating in Sri Lanka. They have abolished the election.
Large-scale bloodshed and death are imminent.
Human beings except ariyas are big mess
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

That is not a human tooth.
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Ceisiwr wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:43 am

That is not a human tooth.
Agree.
This is why people make jokes out of this.
The photo is not official.
Perhaps when they say Buddha's tooth it could be a small fraction of a tooth.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Ceisiwr wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:43 am That is not a human tooth.
I agree. I had it on my list of “8 wonders of the Buddhist world” but removed it when I found out about the photo.