The name appeared in my dream

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Ajapala

The name appeared in my dream

Post by Ajapala »

Hi,

I'm interested in Buddhism for quite some time now (2011). I first read sutras from the Pali Canon.

The first time I encountered the name Ajapala was in a dream. Prior to that, I had never seen or heard the word before.
At the time, I was working on a drawing of The Buddha. One morning I woke up with a dream on my mind. I had seen a beautiful, intricately written word appear magically in the air. The letters AJAPALA were blended very nicely in a way I cannot easily replicate.
I google it and, to my surprise, I discovered that Ajapala Nigrodha is a famous tree where Buddha spent his fifth week after achieving Enlightenment.

So I decided to create https://www.ajapala.com/

I recently made some Ai generated images of Buddha, meditation music and a random Buddhist term generator. I plan to develop the website further on WordPress.

Thanks for reading my story.
DNS
Site Admin

Re: The name appeared in my dream

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

Hello Ajapala. Welcome to Dhamma Wheel. :anjali:
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

Great

May be you have buddhist background or indian background in past life.. ajapala looks hindi or sanskrit word to me
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

:hello:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
Ajapala

Post by Ajapala »

Thanks all for your warm welcome.

In Pali language, Ajapala means shepherd or goatherd. Ajapala-nigrodha is translated as Shepherd's or goatherd's banyan tree.
"The northern Buddhists say that the tree was planted by a shepherd boy, during the Bodhisattva's six years' penance, to shelter him (Beal, Romantic Legend of Buddha,192, 238; Mtu.iii.302)." - https://www.palikanon.com/english/pali_ ... grodha.htm