Ordained in Ledi Sayadaw tradition

Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.
Bhikkhu Ariyananda

Ordained in Ledi Sayadaw tradition

Post by Bhikkhu Ariyananda »

Dear Kalyanamittas,

It's a joy to inform you that today on March 4th 2023 at 9:27am Myanmar time I have taken Upasampada (Higher/full Ordination) as a Monk in the "Ledi Nikhaya" (Ledi Sayadaw tradition) under Most Venerable Sayadaw Kosala who has around 40 vassas, is also the Abbott of Ledimu Meditation Center Monastery at Yangon, Myanmar.

I wish you all a very Happy "Magha Puja Day" which is celebrated on the full moon day of the third lunar month also known as "Sangha Day", in the past (in the same third lunar month ) it is said that the auspicious meeting of 1,250 Arahant Bhikkhus took place headed by Mahamuni Gotama Buddha.

Lot of Gratitude to my preceptor Venerable Sayadaw Kosala & also the 7 Bhikkhu Sangha (6 Bhikkus including my preceptor from "Ledi Nikhaya" & Pamokkha Sayadaw whose presence, compassion & effort made my higher ordination possible.

I need to thank the efforts of all Beings who made this possible, whether visible or invisible through their mind, speech and body.

I want to thank specially Bhikkhu Vannasiri Bhante, Pamokkha Sayadaw & Sayama Gyi who very generously gave their time, energy, effort to make this happen.

On this joyful day I make a wish that may the Ledi Sayadaw tradition take root in the Land of my Birth in India, I envision a future a thriving forest Monastery in India where atleast 1,250 Bhikkhus, Bhikkhunis, Upasaks, Upasikas can practise Dhamma to attain Liberation from all Suffering. May it happen for the Happiness of many.

May all beings keep progressing in Dhamma and may we all attain Nibbana in this very life!

May All Beings be happy!

With Metta
Bhikkhu Ariyananda

Note : "Tradition" is just "Samutti Dhamma"...a "conventional reality"...Even though ultimately I guess everyone would agree that it's the "Tradition of Buddha", so my other wish is to make the "Sangha United" to break all barriers of even Mahayana, Theravada, Tibetan etc to bring all the traditions together and also even to break all the barriers of being a forest Monk, City Monk, Pariyatti Monk, Pattipatti Monk etc. Ultimately even the concept of religions, wherever "noble eightfold path" is present & practiced we can have a common ground, Buddhism can spread beautifully as an Education system. Some practitioners may have their hearts & practice inclined more towards a particular tradition & what an inspiration Ledi Sayadaw was to the world if not for the Most Venerable's efforts of opening the gates to Nibbana for laypeople in modern times, How would the Dhamma have spread to the householders? So beautifully practised in the "Tradition of Sayagi U Bha Khin" as taught by S N Goenka ji throughout the world.

May the "Monastic tradition" of Ledi Sayadaw also spread throughout the World now :)
Attachments
IMG-20230304-WA0016.jpg
With Metta
Bhikkhu Ariyananda
https://ledimonk.wordpress.com/

"Wanting has no END but freedom from WANTING has an END" - Ajahn Brahm
JamesTheGiant

Re: Ordained in Ledi Sayadaw tradition

Post by JamesTheGiant »

Congratulations! May you practise wisely and long. :anjali:
Bhikkhu Ariyananda

Post by Bhikkhu Ariyananda »

Thank you James Image
With Metta
Bhikkhu Ariyananda
https://ledimonk.wordpress.com/

"Wanting has no END but freedom from WANTING has an END" - Ajahn Brahm
asahi

Post by asahi »

Big Sadhu to you bhante !
No bashing No gossiping
carasan

Post by carasan »

Nice! :anjali:
tamdrin

Post by tamdrin »

Sadhu Sadhu Sadhu. Good luck with your practice!
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

Bhikkhu Ariyananda wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:23 am ...
Congratulations

:anjali:
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
dharmacorps

Post by dharmacorps »

congrats!
Goofaholix

Post by Goofaholix »

Congratulations.

I'm curious to learn what the situation is like for foreign meditators in Myanmar at the moment. I heard that the military had blocked the internet to prevent protesters from organising themselves, obviously internet access is not a problem now.

The web site for Shwe Oo Min is still saying they are not accepting foreigners, this notice went up in response to covid but of course the coup happened after that making the situation much worse.
Pronouns (no self / not self)
“Peace is within oneself to be found in the same place as agitation and suffering. It is not found in a forest or on a hilltop, nor is it given by a teacher. Where you experience suffering, you can also find freedom from suffering. Trying to run away from suffering is actually to run toward it.”
― Ajahn Chah
Dilantha

Post by Dilantha »

sadhu sadhu sadhu! May you practice wisely and wish you achieve your goals in the monk life
Eko Care

Post by Eko Care »

Bhikkhu Ariyananda wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:23 am On this joyful day I make a wish that may the Ledi Sayadaw tradition take root in the Land of my Birth in India, I envision a future a thriving forest Monastery in India where atleast 1,250 Bhikkhus, Bhikkhunis, Upasaks, Upasikas can practise Dhamma to attain Liberation from all Suffering. May it happen for the Happiness of many.
Okasa bhante,
It will be a great work!
But there is a question.
Is this tradition a Vinaya practising tradition (keeping minor rules and chanting patimokkha every fortnight)? I mean in present days?
But I can imagine that they are orthodox because of Lady Sayadaw.
Note : "Tradition" is just "Samutti Dhamma"...a "conventional reality"...Even though ultimately I guess everyone would agree that it's the "Tradition of Buddha", so my other wish is to make the "Sangha United" to break all barriers of even Mahayana, Theravada, Tibetan etc to bring all the traditions together and also even to break all the barriers of being a forest Monk, City Monk, Pariyatti Monk, Pattipatti Monk etc. Ultimately even the concept of religions, wherever "noble eightfold path" is present & practiced we can have a common ground, Buddhism can spread beautifully as an Education system. Some practitioners may have their hearts & practice inclined more towards a particular tradition & what an inspiration Ledi Sayadaw was to the world if not for the Most Venerable's efforts of opening the gates to Nibbana for laypeople in modern times, How would the Dhamma have spread to the householders? So beautifully practised in the "Tradition of Sayagi U Bha Khin" as taught by S N Goenka ji throughout the world.

May the "Monastic tradition" of Ledi Sayadaw also spread throughout the World now :)
The only problem is a monk is not allowed to unite Expelled Micchaditthi monks with Sammaditthi monks without converting them in to.

:namaste:
Khali

Post by Khali »

Congratulations.

I would be very interested to hear your views and any valuable information of practising and ordaining in Myanmar with regards of the current situation.

I leave it as an open question to be answered as briefly or detailed as preffered and I welcome anyone who wishes to contribute. 🙏

:anjali:
mario92

Post by mario92 »

Congratulations :anjali: