Renouncing my admin & moderator roles at Dhamma Wheel

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
retrofuturist

Renouncing my admin & moderator roles at Dhamma Wheel

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings all,

This is just a quick note to let you know I've decided that it's in the best interests of my development to renounce the roles of admin and moderator here at Dhamma Wheel.

I want to thank David and the moderator team for the excellent work they've done over the years and continue to do at this forum, in providing an environment where you're free to discuss any aspect of the Dhamma, so long as you do so in a reasonably cordial manner. Internet forum history has shown such impartiality to be a very rare quality, as most online moderator teams at religious forums want to use their authority to protect favoured teachers, push certain views and interpretations, moderate according to like and dislike, and pursue their own private agendas. The current team's respect for your spiritual and intellectual autonomy is real, and I ask that you continue to make their jobs as easy as possible, by appreciating the rarity of what we have here at Dhamma Wheel and continuing to engage accordingly.

Especially, I want to thank David for setting this forum up with me, at my request, all those years ago. It has been a blessing to be able to work with someone who has a temperament such as his, and I dare not imagine how much more challenging pursuing the Dhamma would be, if not for somewhere to freely discuss the Dhamma with other seekers, asking questions of others, and learning from the insights and texts shared by members.

I will still be a member of Dhamma Wheel, but will probably only know the frequency of my participation here in an ongoing capacity, once I become accustomed to having laid down these official duties.

Thank you everyone.

:anjali:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Renouncing my admin & moderator roles at Dhamma Wheel

Post by DNS »

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the kind words and just to repeat publicly here what I have said privately to you:

What can I say? I can't thank you enough for all you've done for DWT and you even helped set up DWM. You've been the key for keeping the ship headed on the straight path. You were there through hell and highwater and managed to keep the ship afloat through all the bad and good times. And thanks to your leadership and forum management skills, the forum has stayed active with quality posts where other forums have failed and were disbanded.

Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

Selo yathā ekaghano, vātena na samīrati;
Evaṁ nindāpasaṁsāsu, na samiñjanti paṇḍitā.

:anjali: :heart:
JamesTheGiant

Post by JamesTheGiant »

Paul you have been an excellent mod, and helped many people in their understanding. Thankyou!
Best wishes with whatever you spend your newfound free time on. :anjali:
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

You’ve done a lot of good here over the years and it’s great that the site is still around 15 years later, something which you have contributed towards. Hope you still post here going forward.
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
KathyLauren

Post by KathyLauren »

Paul, I am a relatively new member here at DWT, but I have followed it for a long time. I have known you all the way back to eSangha days, though you won't remember me from back then. I have great respect for your knowledge and committment. The success of Dhamma Wheel is in no small part due to your efforts. I wish you well in your endeavours and in your practice.

Regards,
Kathy
NAD

Post by NAD »

Thankyou Paul.
Lucas Oliveira

Post by Lucas Oliveira »

Gratitude Paul for his excellent work and dedication in this Forum!

I participate in this forum using Google Translator. http://translate.google.com.br

http://www.acessoaoinsight.net/
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Thanks for the amazing effort! Being involved in running this site from the start through most of it's 15 years is a huge service to the community.

Mike
Radix

Post by Radix »

Wow. Didn't think this day would come!
So what's next? Who is going to be the new second administrator?
Western Buddhism is the perfect ideological supplement to rabid consumerist capitalism.
Glenn Wallis
mjaviem

Post by mjaviem »

Radix wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:59 pm Wow. Didn't think this day would come!
It's anicca
Namo Tassa Bhagavato Arahato Sammā Sambuddhassa
carasan

Post by carasan »

Thank you for your service, good luck in your ventures!

BrokenBones

Post by BrokenBones »

Thanks for being an impartial admin. It can't have been easy.
SDC

Post by SDC »

Paul, you have been instrumental in so much good that has happened on this forum, and while we did not always see eye to eye on the finer points, your devotion and steadfastness kept this community in one piece through a whole bunch of ups and downs, and for that I will be forever grateful. I don’t think many could have done the same. :smile:

I do hope to see around the forum going forward. It will certainly be much more relaxing (for you) !! 8-)
“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Perhaps I would say that I am still in this form due to your kindness not to mention other great moderators.
I respect your balance attitude and patient while performing your duties.
Moderating is not an easy task so we all have to grow by making mistakes sometimes.
Though I miss you, I can respect and understand your decision.
All the best with your practice and I am sure you will be still be an active member here.

In a lighter note, perhaps now I can beat your posting score. :tongue:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”