defilements growing back?

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
Joe.c

Re: defilements growing back?

Post by Joe.c »

Good if you have done it. 😁 Again if you know more than me it is fine by me as well.

Meditation of what? Samadhi in Buddha teaching is 24/7. Not your 4 position only, even when talking one is still meditating by looking at the V/V.

The samadhi/precepts/wisdom also can be tested. Ex. If there is many beautiful women/men go naked in front of you, there won't be any sensual perception can arise or hinder your mind anymore & body will remain cool as well. 😁

If not, well try again. 😁

Good luck. Like i said this teaching won't be seen by one who is not patient and closed mind.

Eventually all content in Sutta will be needed to confirm your practice. Only SUTTA. Not commentaries. Even those abhidhamma is useless. Completely off from true dhamma.

One more thing Asava(s) can not come back again once it is stopped. It will never arise anymore. If it is arising, it will cease on the spot.

If someone say otherwise, i know they haven't understood.
May you be relax, happy, comfortable and free of dukkhas from hearing true dhamma.
May you gain unshakable confidence in Buddha, Dhamma and (Ariya) Sangha.
Learn about Buddha/Dhamma Characters.
auto

Post by auto »

Joe.c wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 2:23 am If someone say otherwise, i know they haven't understood.
When you say 'good luck' it is sickly. Emoticons you put, are sickly.
Joe.c wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 2:23 am Meditation of what? Samadhi in Buddha teaching is 24/7. Not your 4 position only, even when talking one is still meditating by looking at the V/V.
Do you know anything about cycles? menstrual cycle for example? there are things done on certain times to get fruit.
auto

Post by auto »

Joe.c wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 2:23 am One more thing Asava(s) can not come back again once it is stopped. It will never arise anymore. If it is arising, it will cease on the spot.

There is the defilement free state to be personally known, to then have right understanding which is beyond rebirth.
https://suttacentral.net/sn36.6/en/sujato?layout=sidebyside&reference=main&notes=asterisk&highlight=false&script=latin wrote: Knowing the stainless, sorrowless state,
Padañca ñatvā virajaṁ asokaṁ,
they who have gone beyond rebirth understand rightly.”
Sammā pajānāti bhavassa pāragū”ti.
Difference in skill. One has right understanding/4noble truths and can follow the noble 8fold path: One has skill to stop the affect from reaching
the planes where gods and humans abide.
wrote: A wise and learned person isn’t affected
Na vedanaṁ vedayati sapañño,
by feelings of pleasure and pain.
Sukhampi dukkhampi bahussutopi;
This is the great difference in skill
Ayañca dhīrassa puthujjanena,
https://dictionary.sutta.org/browse/b/bahussuta/ wrote:Concise Pali-English Dictionary by A.P. Buddhadatta Mahathera

bahussuta:[adj.] very learned.
sacred lore
https://dictionary.sutta.org/browse/s/suta/ wrote:Concise Pali-English Dictionary by A.P. Buddhadatta Mahathera

suta:[pp.of suṇāti] heard.(nt.),the sacred lore; learning; that which is hear.(m.),a son.
doesn't sound like it means written down sutta, but more like knowing the stainless, sorrowless state.
Ontheway

Post by Ontheway »

Joe.c wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 2:23 am Good if you have done it. 😁 Again if you know more than me it is fine by me as well.

Meditation of what? Samadhi in Buddha teaching is 24/7. Not your 4 position only, even when talking one is still meditating by looking at the V/V.

The samadhi/precepts/wisdom also can be tested. Ex. If there is many beautiful women/men go naked in front of you, there won't be any sensual perception can arise or hinder your mind anymore & body will remain cool as well. 😁

If not, well try again. 😁

Good luck. Like i said this teaching won't be seen by one who is not patient and closed mind.

Eventually all content in Sutta will be needed to confirm your practice. Only SUTTA. Not commentaries. Even those abhidhamma is useless. Completely off from true dhamma.

One more thing Asava(s) can not come back again once it is stopped. It will never arise anymore. If it is arising, it will cease on the spot.

If that's true, hey, you are Arahant now? If you are not, you literally got no right to criticise the Pali Tipitaka.

It takes a level to criticise such entire doctrine. Just like only a biologist can criticise how evolutionary pattern of a particular species can be different, not a roadside commoner.
Hiriottappasampannā,
sukkadhammasamāhitā;
Santo sappurisā loke,
devadhammāti vuccare.

https://suttacentral.net/ja6/en/chalmer ... ight=false
Joe.c

Post by Joe.c »

auto wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 3:46 pm When you say 'good luck' it is sickly. Emoticons you put, are sickly.
Interesting, emoticon is sickly. But don't be rude is ok.

But the argument about asavas can keep coming back while in Jhana is not. interesting indeed.
Do you know anything about cycles? menstrual cycle for example? there are things done on certain times to get fruit.
What??
Do you know that one can stop the menstrual cycle as well with Samma Samadhi. Otherwise, how can a nun become an arahant or non returner. There is no identity in Brahma realm.

Anyway, I think it is difficult indeed for others to learn. Indeed. Wish you good luck. Time to move on.
May you be relax, happy, comfortable and free of dukkhas from hearing true dhamma.
auto

Post by auto »

Joe.c wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 11:39 pm Wish you good luck. Time to move on.
ok
auto

Post by auto »

Joe.c wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 2:23 am One more thing Asava(s) can not come back again once it is stopped. It will never arise anymore. If it is arising, it will cease on the spot.
There are plenty of things we don't have supramundane view about. And have to resort to clinging and thus reborn in order to experience it over and over again.
Certainly there are beliefs that one can reborn, have supramundane view, but this life never awaken, because the satta what the supramundane view arises with isn't come by and thus no new sattas are awakened either.
auto

Post by auto »

Joe.c wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:24 am I suggest you look up Late Ven Punnaji
But it will be difficult if you mind is still closed. I have no clue where your faculties development are. But most need to start from hearing true dhamma and precepts.

This is why an association with other good people is important so one can see the real example in real life. Not merely a theory.
i have video : Meditation Retreat - Meditation or Self-Hypnosis with Bhante Punnaji and Bro Billy Tan(search from youtube),
description:
Guidance on meditation during Meditation Retreat at Buddhist Maha Vihara, Kuala Lumpur, in January 2014 by Ven Dr Madawela Punnaji Maha Thera, featuring sharing by Bro Billy Tan on the how meditation can turn into self-hypnosis, on 16th January 2014.

Which says

"The aspiration to relieve suffering reduces activation in the amygdala".
wrote:Deep within the brain's emotional command center there is a tiny structure called the amygdala;
Amygdala scans all environmental and bodily sensations for signs of potential threats and danger to the organism;
Triggering feelings of discomfort, frustration, anxiety,anger, fear, panic - "fight,flight, or freeze" reaction to protect organism from harm;

Our learning brain

Frontal Lobe:
Attention system, LOng Term Memory
Logic, Critical thinking
Lateral thinking (creativity & imagination)

Pre- Frontal Cortex(PFC) just behind the eyebrow:
Decision making, Goal setting, Planning
Judgement, Reasoning, Rationalizing

It is the part of the brain developing and training when you are doing your meditation.
The Amygdala has very strong neural connections to the Pre-Frontal Cortex.
When amygdala is aroused it can send signals to disturb your rational thinking and there are very weak connections back from pre-frontal cortex to the amygdala.
Joe.c

Post by Joe.c »

auto wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:13 pm ...
Commentaries, can be right or can be wrong. Always refer to Sutta. But what is the point?