You Aren't Crazy, Here's Why You Have No Friends (And Other Spiritual Awakening Symptoms)

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
SarathW

You Aren't Crazy, Here's Why You Have No Friends (And Other Spiritual Awakening Symptoms)

Post by SarathW »

What is the Theravada point of view on the contents of the following video?

“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
Radix

Re: You Aren't Crazy, Here's Why You Have No Friends (And Other Spiritual Awakening Symptoms)

Post by Radix »

SarathW wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:22 am You Aren't Crazy, Here's Why You Have No Friends (And Other Spiritual Awakening Symptoms)

What is the Theravada point of view on the contents of the following video?
I don't think the Classical Theravada folks will say much to such things.

I think what the video describes is actually hubris, delusions of grandeur, not "Spiritual Awakening Symptoms".
Western Buddhism is the perfect ideological supplement to rabid consumerist capitalism.
Glenn Wallis
Bundokji

Re: You Aren't Crazy, Here's Why You Have No Friends (And Other Spiritual Awakening Symptoms)

Post by Bundokji »

Radix wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:04 pm I think what the video describes is actually hubris, delusions of grandeur, not "Spiritual Awakening Symptoms".
:thumbsup:
And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"

This was the last word of the Tathagata.